Skins Turning Invisible

Letycs
  • Pending

Ps4 pro, latest version.

Skins randomly turn invisible. This includes characters. Most often gate doors and fences, but has happened to many different things. 

Edit: Some examples added. Includes: boat skin, lure plant skin and Tamo hat skin. Only seemingly happening during split screen at random to random skins and doesn't change unless we unskin the item or close app entirely and restart and even then, these pictures were taken not even five minutes after restarting app. Other skins doing this have included Mushlight, Boat Anchor, Shadow Manipulator, Wardrobe, etc. 

20230717_233006.jpg

20230717_232645.jpg

20230717_232643.jpg

20230717_232638.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Unknown.

User Feedback

Do you mean they flicker, or they're just invisible all the time? Or are they visible and then disappear? Can you submit a video or photo of this happening?

Share this comment

On 6/21/2023 at 7:40 PM, CharlesB said:

Do you mean they flicker, or they're just invisible all the time? Or are they visible and then disappear? Can you submit a video or photo of this happening?

They're visible and then disappear at random. We never know *when* it will happen, but it never fails to happen. Like one minute I can see everything, but I'll go off screen and come back and (for instance) all wood gates will just be invisible. It persists until the game is closed and reloaded. If you just back out to the main menu and reload the world, the stuff will still be invisible. 

Yesterday it was all of my skinned stone walls, our plantera lure plant skin and random parts of my tamed beefalo that had clothes on (like the face, the feet, half of their bodies). If we unskin the items to the basic skin we can see them again, but only the basic skins. I don't think I can do a video and the picture would just show.. that it's invisible, lol. It doesn't affect gameplay btw, it's just a skin issue.

Forgot to mention that this is during split screen, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. 

Share this comment

Hi,

[edit to add] Wow, I hadn't realised this bug goes so far back as June 2023.

Try restarting your Playstation in safe mode and clearing the cache then rebuilding the database, as per fatkitty's suggestion here

It worked for me, the only thing that might also have helped is I moved the game files from the original PS5 SSD to an expansion bay drive.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Wuntunzee
additional comment

Share this comment