Save files showing as New World

Gameover5074
  • Known Issue

Anytime I create a world it doesn't show the save file and only shows New World.  I can't delete them or edit server setting either since it thinks I'm trying to create a new world.  I've uninstalled and deleted saves through the system setting on the ps4 and still no fix. (Video link)https://mobile.twitter.com/GameoverFumbles/status/1372015601212870659

Steps to Reproduce

I'm not sure how to reproduce the bug it just happens when I log in.  I've uninstalled the game 2 times and deleted the saves through the ps4 storage saves.  Even though I did that it still won't show me my (hosted)saved worlds even if one is existing.  (Video link)https://mobile.twitter.com/GameoverFumbles/status/1372015601212870659

User Feedback

Same has been happening to me since the world settings rework. Even though I have multiple “saved” hosted worlds they show as “new worlds”. Maybe it cause this once you save world settings as New Presets? Other than not quite sure whats going on

Share this comment

@Gameover5074 @GP_Overload This is really odd, I've never seen it happen before. Could you submit your savedata so that I can take a look at it and see if I can reproduce the problem?

The steps to get your savedata off of you PS4 are here:

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

I am also facing the same issues on my PS4. I have reinstalled Don’t Starve several times and also reset my entire ps4 and still no use. I also deleted all console and cloud saves and still getting the same issue. 

Share this comment

@CharlesB Hey Charles thanks for getting back to me.  The save file I'm sending should have 2 worlds on it.  One with Wilson at day 2 and one with Woodie at day 1.  The only save data I could copy was the adventure journal.  There were no other saves other than that one, so I'm hoping I got the right thing.  If you could get back to me soon and let me know if I gave you the right file I would appreciated it.  I sent the save file to livesupport@klentertainment.com

Share this comment

Same issue here, we just purchased DST and when we disconnect from the game and go back playing from the main menu, it just says New World on all the slots, it's like we don't have any created / saved world at all, and when we do use one of the New World slots, it loads up our old progress. No means to create and save a different world. We play DST in offline btw.

received_439233437366234.jpeg

Share this comment

On 3/19/2021 at 8:00 PM, Gameover5074 said:

@CharlesB Hey Charles thanks for getting back to me.  The save file I'm sending should have 2 worlds on it.  One with Wilson at day 2 and one with Woodie at day 1.  The only save data I could copy was the adventure journal.  There were no other saves other than that one, so I'm hoping I got the right thing.  If you could get back to me soon and let me know if I gave you the right file I would appreciated it.  I sent the save file to livesupport@klentertainment.com

We're having trouble finding it in the live support email. Can you can post a response to this and upload the savedata right to this issue? There should be "Drag files here to attach" option.

Share this comment

Thanks, the savedata works and I do see the problem. Now I have to get to the bottom of what's going wrong.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I finally managed to fix it today. It will still have to make it into a release, and go through testing and cert, so you'll have to be patient a bit longer.

image.png

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

35 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

I finally managed to fix it today. It will still have to make it into a release, and go through testing and cert, so you'll have to be patient a bit longer.

image.png

Hello, having the same problem on xbox, worlds are not showing up, just telling you. 

Edited by suchsmoke

Share this comment