Question: Force attack and continuous actions are not supposed to work anymore? Or is it just a bug from the crafting menu update?

Kur0u
  • Pending

To craft things you need to start crafting something and THEN press again to continuously craft, doesn't work at all for eating, press eat 40 times to eat 40 berries, it wasn't like this before the new crafting UI. Also force attack has been broken since forever, if the character doesn't have a target it just short steps in whatever direction it is facing. Just curious to know if this is a bug or not because they do the walking animation but don't swing the weapon.

Steps to Reproduce

Press whatever button to mass craft or continuously eat or force attack without a target.

User Feedback

I have heard about the continuous crafting/eating. I have never been able to do it myself so the crating menu changes nothing for me. I don’t know if the previous method of doing this was a glitch or something intentional so I have no idea about that. I’ve played on the PC, and as far as I know it is the same way as you have described it as being now (click 40 times to eat 40 berries) 

the force attacked method I am also unsure about. I can still “force” an attack by pressing square, but it never has done anything for me both pre and post UI update. Everytime I have forced attacked, it has shown the character on my screen doing the attack motion. It still has not changed for me.

The problem with this is that I play split screen, and although the character is attacking on my screen, they are doing absolutely nothing on the other persons screen. Again, it has been like this both pre and post UI change.

So I guess my point here is I’m not sure if there are exactly any bugs to fix, or if the continuous feed was a bug in and of itself and has now been fixed. 

Share this comment

On 6/27/2022 at 1:25 AM, Fatkitty said:

I have heard about the continuous crafting/eating. I have never been able to do it myself so the crating menu changes nothing for me. I don’t know if the previous method of doing this was a glitch or something intentional so I have no idea about that. I’ve played on the PC, and as far as I know it is the same way as you have described it as being now (click 40 times to eat 40 berries) 

the force attacked method I am also unsure about. I can still “force” an attack by pressing square, but it never has done anything for me both pre and post UI update. Everytime I have forced attacked, it has shown the character on my screen doing the attack motion. It still has not changed for me.

The problem with this is that I play split screen, and although the character is attacking on my screen, they are doing absolutely nothing on the other persons screen. Again, it has been like this both pre and post UI change.

So I guess my point here is I’m not sure if there are exactly any bugs to fix, or if the continuous feed was a bug in and of itself and has now been fixed. 

You have always been able to force attack, this is normal for PC, the animation is still there but the character hands doesn't move for an attack anymore, it just steps in whatever way you're trying to attack so definitely a bug. I have videos of me force attacking random things out of frustration to prove it was there before.
On the crafting part you could also speed cook, holding down the button to use ingredients in the crockpot would continuously place them there, can't do that anymore either. If we could at least get an answer if this is intended or not.

Share this comment