Ps4 Crash

Mx-Pain
  • Fixed

After last update we manage to launch the game once and everything went fine

However the 2nd time we launch the game, a few days later.

The game launch but right before we spawn on the loading screen. The game crashes and upon launching the game again it reads that our data is corrupted and if we like to overwrite, not save or some options. We select no data and our savedata is lost, no games saved or anyhting.

HELP !!!!

Steps to Reproduce

Ps4 game crash upon loading game a 2nd time in ps4 deleted and corrupt all data in PS4

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Corrupted savedata is usually the result of a game crash while it's saving.

The best choice in the damaged savedata popup is to restore your backup, that usually is able to get your savedata working again. If you haven't overwritten or deleted yet then you should still be able to launch the game and try that. If you chose the overwrite option then your old savedata is gone.

• Big Ups 1

Share this comment

28 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Corrupted savedata is usually the result of a game crash while it's saving.

The best choice in the damaged savedata popup is to restore your backup, that usually is able to get your savedata working again. If you haven't overwritten or deleted yet then you should still be able to launch the game and try that. If you chose the overwrite option then your old savedata is gone.

Ah thank you so much.

Since I don't have plus I though that option was related to ps plus.

My worlds show up again and upon loading them again I get the same error code (CE-34878-0).

The only reccomended options from there are to update the game and update my Ps4 system which both are to the latest version.

Edit: I have uploaded a video, I know ps4 have a recording feature but is too much of a hassle for me to upload it

Edited by Mx-Pain

Share this comment

Are you playing splitscreen in online or offline mode? Someone else has reported an offline mode splitscreen crash when loading so I'm wondering if this is the same

Share this comment

Just now, CharlesB said:

Are you playing splitscreen in online or offline mode? Someone else has reported an offline mode splitscreen crash when loading so I'm wondering if this is the same

Is splitscreen - online mode

Share this comment

I have the same issue. When trying to load a world for split-screen play, just before spawning the loading screen freezes as the world clock appears resulting in a generic PS4 CE-34878-0 error. However, this does not occur when playing single-player (non-split-screen). The issue began appearing only after the latest update (which if I  remember correctly is 2.70). I have already re-installed the game and checked for the latest software updates as well as overwritten the saved data files as the old ones were corrupted, but it still won’t launch.

Edited by Rugpjutis

Share this comment

On 5/29/2023 at 2:36 PM, CharlesB said:

Is this an isolated problem?

Still can't play in splitscreen -online mode. I see more topics and a few more ppl with this problem.

Share this comment

On 6/2/2023 at 6:14 PM, CharlesB said:

I haven't had any luck reproducing this consistently over here. Can you submit your savedata, either in this thread or a DM  and I can try to get the crash using that?

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/70105-dont-starve-together-console-edition-faq-ps4/#how-can-i-send-my-save-file

Hello @CharlesB

I have submitted the save data via email to: livesupport@klentertainment.com, Subject: PS4 Crash - Bug Report - Save Data. Also I send you a DM private with the data attached & additional details.

Thank you.

Update:

I manage to get it to work. I launched the world as a single player, after the world loaded, I exit to the main menu, press start to load the 2nd Player and then launch the world. And it worked!

Now I did turn off the console and the next time I launch the world directly with the 2nd player already without doing the above and Crashed again, same error code.

I repeat the same process again and it worked. There is defintely something going on that is preventing the world to load sucessfully on split screen-Online mode.

All of the above, was always Online mode.

Edited by Mx-Pain
Update Bug-Crash

Share this comment