MIC PROBLEM

A bug reporter
  • Pending

This might be just my mic but as far as I know other people are having the same issues. I can talk to people in every other game in DST my mic doesn't wanna work and no one can hear me talk the mic bar thingy doesn't even show on my name even tho its plugged in I tried testing my mic in a voiceclip on ps4 and it worked fine please fix thanks 

Steps to Reproduce
I haven't played the game for awhile and I never really talked or used my mic so it might have glitched out or I haven't notice in till I wantted to talk...

User Feedback

Hello @A bug reporter, welcome to the forums. Afaik, DST never has before and still doesn't have any built in voice chat and only has text chat (so there is no "mic bar thingy"). So most players utilize the program called Discord for verbal communication with other players(and you'll need to find discord groups to be able to talk to people while you play). If that's what you are using, then I would assume it's an issue with your discord program or such. If you have it, try a reinstall and also just to be sure double check for the latest drivers for your mic.

Share this comment

16 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @A bug reporter, welcome to the forums. Afaik, DST never has before and still doesn't have any built in voice chat and only has text chat (so there is no "mic bar thingy"). So most players utilize the program called Discord for verbal communication with other players(and you'll need to find discord groups to be able to talk to people while you play). If that's what you are using, then I would assume it's an issue with your discord program or such. If you have it, try a reinstall and also just to be sure double check for the latest drivers for your mic.

you sure I think you guys do have a voice chat I mean heres a pic to show you for proof i don't have that also I can hear people when they speak of course no discord nothing this is also on ps4 fyi and I'm confused why I can hear people talk to each other and all that but I can't talk to them i wasn't in a party none of that just the game.

1515799764756-1575239677.jpg

Edited by A bug reporter
To make things easier to understand

Share this comment

@A bug reporter ah, you never mentioned you were playing on PS4. My bad, on PC that button mutes text chat from specific players. I don't own nor play on PS4 so I had no idea about that. Sorry.

(Just to be clear, I'm just a moderator on the forums). I'll move this bug report over to the PS4 section for now.

So again, I don't play on PS4 so I don't know but try and check your settings options and maybe even control options and see whether there is a push-to-talk kind of hotkey.

Share this comment

16 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@A bug reporter ah, you never mentioned you were playing on PS4. My bad, on PC that button mutes text chat from specific players. I don't own nor play on PS4 so I had no idea about that. Sorry.

(Just to be clear, I'm just a moderator on the forums). I'll move this bug report over to the PS4 section for now.

So again, I don't play on PS4 so I don't know but try and check your settings options and maybe even control options and see whether there is a push-to-talk kind of hotkey.

K thanks also yeah sorry for not mentioning ps4 

Share this comment

@A bug reporter here's something that may be of help figuring out controls. Do report back if you found a way to fix it, in case somebody else experiences the same thing (then they'll be able to follow your fix).

Share this comment

On 1/12/2018 at 8:41 PM, Zillvr said:

@A bug reporter here's something that may be of help figuring out controls. Do report back if you found a way to fix it, in case somebody else experiences the same thing (then they'll be able to follow your fix).

I may have the answer but I'm still checking if it's possible to mute yourself I will edit this comment when I have the results bye EDIT it failed....

Edited by A bug reporter

Share this comment