Map Visual Glitch

Fatkitty
  • Fixed

There is a new visual glitch when using the map after the update. The glitch only occurs at some stages of zooming when using the map. For example, a fully zoomed in map will not show the glitch, but zooming out to a certain degree will show a glitch. Zooming out even further will eliminate the glitch.

The glitch appears to be a combination of all possible objects that can be seen on the map, regardless of if they are currently loaded on the map. (Red mushtrees appearing on the top of the world for example)

I think that others have reported some type of visual glitch when using the map also

Fu8Xud4aEAENDBc?format=jpg&name=large

Fu8W3XgaIAAjUOR?format=jpg&name=large

Fu8WtkVakAEpc9N?format=jpg&name=large

Steps to Reproduce

Play DST, zoom in and out of map

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I've been trying to reproduce this both in single player and split-screen games but without any luck. Is this happening in all your worlds, or only this one? Are you able to take/post a video showing a full zoom in/out from min to max and back so we can see when at what point it appears and disappears?

Share this comment

There are two videos showing the glitch in the above world, and one showing the glitch in the caves. The one in the caves is different, as that just seems to be map shroud that has somehow returned and it can be explored again.

This is only happening in one world, which happens to be the most advanced. I have tried to reproduce it in other worlds that are not as advanced and it does not exist. I think that the next more advanced world I have, I abandoned it right before the Pirate monkey update. 

The glitch also is present on split screen or single player. 

On second examination, it looks like the glitch starts and continues after a zooming out to a certain degree. 

Share this comment

6 hours ago, CharlesB said:

I may have found the problem, will try to fix it for the next update

Thank you for all of your hard work! We appreciate it!!!!! :love_heart:

Share this comment