I lost 300+ days in my world

Acrossthestars0
  • Pending

I play DST on the PS5. My game didn't crash or do anything out of the ordinary when I last disconnected. I hop back on a couple weeks later, and my world went from 800+ days to 535 days. I didn't do anything to the save data or anything with the game differently than what I normally do. I don't have any mods or add ons to the game. I am extremely upset as I had put in many hours into this world only to lose so much time/progress. 

I have shut down the game and restarted it, and I have entered the world just to see if maybe it was a visual glitch, but the world is indeed 300 days earlier than when I last played. I have also restarted my Ps5 hoping that would fix the issue. I checked to make sure DST had the most updated version which is does, (I checked and my PS5 also has latest version.) 

I am not sure why this happened, but I'm set to just delete the game completely and never play it again over this. I am dumbfounded and speechless that this could happen. 

Steps to Reproduce

1. Start up the game Don't Starve Together

2. Go to "host game"

3. View your worlds and see that the one you've been playing on lost 300+ days

4. Open that world to confirm it has been set back over 300 days

User Feedback

Did it actually like... rollback 300 days, or is the world still the same as it was on day 800, but only the day counter had changed numbers?

Share this comment

I'm sorry to hear that you lost so much progress on you world. It sounds like at some point the game stopped saving, even though it continued to appear that it was. Unfortunately there is no way to recover the lost progress, but I have some questions that might help us figure out what went wrong and fix it.

Are you playing in online or offline mode? What do you do with the game between play sessions? Do you suspend the game while you are still in the world, or do you disconnect from the world and suspend the game, or do you shut down the game completely? Do you leave the console running or sleeping or completely shut it off?

Share this comment

On 4/25/2023 at 4:28 PM, Acrossthestars0 said:

It actually rolled back 300+ days. All the things I had worked for are gone. 

Given how far back the game had regressed, I feel that there is a high probability that the game was restored using an old saved backed up to Playstation's cloud storage. How this happened though, I have no idea. 

On 4/25/2023 at 4:28 PM, Acrossthestars0 said:

It actually rolled back 300+ days. All the things I had worked for are gone. 

I just checked this on my PS4 and the last PS4 cloud storage save was a little under a month ago. If that saved file were to be restored, it would put my world back about ~150 days based on the amount of time that I have played between the cloud file and today. Maybe the save file was somehow corrupted and the Playstation reverted back to the last known good save, which was the cloud storage file?

Edited by Fatkitty

Share this comment