crash when closing the game

TheNugget
  • Pending

When I open the game, there is the loading icon in the bottom right corner and it stays there for 15+ minutes most of the time.

If I try to close the game while it's there (still in the main menu), it takes like a minute of loading until my console tells me that there was a problem with the application and asks me if I want to report the problem (I did a few times)

Then the next time I open the game, it says my save data is corrupted and I have to load a back up.

It's not a critical bug, since I haven't actually lost any progress from this but still kinda annoying.

Some details:

I'm on PS5

I tried moving the game from the internal SSD to an external HDD, still same issue

Same issue if I click "play offline" 

This already happened before funny monkey update 

Old 4000+ days world with large world size settings on save file (world itself loads up like normal though)

Steps to Reproduce

1. Start the game

2. Close the game

User Feedback

When I open the game, there is the loading icon in the bottom right corner and it stays there for 15+ minutes most of the time.

This is known by the devs as they are working on fix. But it should never stay longer than 1 minute!

On 6/7/2022 at 8:54 PM, CharlesB said:

The length of time it takes to save has gotten a bit longer recently due to some changes I made to fix some other things. It's on my list to try to make saving faster again.

P.S.

You must never close the game while the saving icon is appearing! This goes to every game not only DST! That's why you are getting the crash error and your save file is corrupted!

Share this comment