Combat Bugs

Felix-The-Ghost
  • Pending

Combat is very frustrating in this game due to these bugs:

Enemies can hit players anywhere in an effective radius, even if the displayed attack animation is in the complete opposite direction. This makes flanking during "windup" animations impossible, and is angering when say, a frog attacks you with its tongue when you are six  feet behind it. Bosses like Deerclops also show inaccurate animation and can hit you from far away despite the attack going in the opposite direction.

When the attack command is issued on an enemy, if another enemy comes into range, that enemy is prioritized, despite the order to attack the previous enemy. This means with groups of enemies the player will often walk past the closest enemy to attack the far away enemy, taking hits.

The tooth trap hitbox is ridiculously small. Even giants can casually walk through a field without triggering any of them.

Steps to Reproduce
Play the game

User Feedback

@Felix-The-Ghost

When the attack command is issued on an enemy, if another enemy comes into range, that enemy is prioritized, despite the order to attack the previous enemy. This means with groups of enemies the player will often walk past the closest enemy to attack the far away enemy, taking hits.

This is incredibly annoying when kitting 2 terror beaks or 4+ crawling horrors. How and why prioritize the enemy behind another? It doesn't do it all the time either. 

This is a great game but unfortunately it will always be better to play on pc.

Share this comment

Omg multiple shadow monsters :D

Always fun on console -_-

I also recently attacked a bird with a boomerang and it flew away right after I threw it so the game aggroed a clockwork bishop lol

Share this comment

If there are unused controller buttons, maybe we could have a "lock target" button. At the very least I wish it wouldn't retroactively affect your already issued commands when someone comes into range, friend or foe.

When I say already issued commands I also mean holding the attack button on an enemy for multiple hits. Don't target anyone else unless the enemy dies or I release the attack button.

Edited by Felix-The-Ghost

Share this comment