A lot of progress lost after disconnected from the sever

JustLetMeInnn
  • Pending

I'm not sure why the Don't Starve Together ps4 topic is archived. I'm a ps4 player. I lost about dozens of days progress after I lost the connection to the sever. The next time when I start the game, it was rolled back to a date that was way earlier. This is already the second time happening to me. I lost about 100 days progress at the first time. Just imagine you spend days building your world. All of a sudden, your effort put to this world is wasted! Then you have to start from somewhere again. After you rebuild something finally, the bug occurs again! This really makes me and my friend frustrated. It is not acceptable. I don't think we deserve this situation after purchasing this game. We would like to recover the lost progress. And please look into this bug.

Thank you.

Steps to Reproduce

This bug doesn't always happen. The last reproduce steps were

1. Lost connection to the sever (could be a sever issue or network issues)

2. Start the world again

Expected: The starts from the day when I disconnected the server.

Actual: The world is rolled back to a very early day.

User Feedback

I'm sorry to hear that you lost so much progress on you world. It sounds like at some point the game stopped saving, even though it continued to appear that it was. Unfortunately there is no way to recover the lost progress, but I have some questions that might help us figure out what went wrong and fix it.

Are you playing in online or offline mode? What do you do with the game between play sessions? Do you suspend the game while you are still in the world, or do you disconnect from the world and suspend the game, or do you shut down the game completely? Do you leave the console running or sleeping or completely shut it off?

Share this comment

Is there a possibility that you're related to the other user who is reporting the same error? Not saying that I doubt your story but you had only registered to the forums the day after the other user reported their error. I'm starting to wonder if this is an issue or if it was user error and someone unintentionally reverted back to saves uploaded to their cloud storage by accident. 

Share this comment