Duplicated piggyback Locator on map

Lmdegel
  • Closed

Hi Klei,

While playing split screen offline, I entered a worm hole, after exiting and walking a bit around i found some bees that ultimately killed me while I had equipped a piggyback. When checking my map I found that it had marked on it a total of three piggybacks, one was of my brother, the other was the one that I had equipped, and the last one I didn't knew of, so I asked my brother if he created another, and he simply answered that he didn't. While in ghost mode I checked that exact third spot and the locator just disappeared, and of course there was no pigyback but I think it's important to say that it was near the entrance of the worm hole I entered. 

Not a game breaking bug, but hope it helps

Steps to Reproduce
Enter a wormhole while having equipped a walking cane and a piggyback, die near the exit and check map for the piggyback indicator.

User Feedback

I don't think its a bug. The map locator shows stuff that existed at one point but if you go back to the location later on, it might not exist (due to other players taking or destroying). So the map will update when you returned to that spot and the locator goes away.

My bet is that one of you dropped your backpacks at one point then the other one picked it up. Causing your map to show 3 backpacks.

Edited by Mafiabrett

Share this comment

It is indeed as @Mafiabrett said, the minimap is a memory of what you saw when you were last there. Changes that happen when you're not around are not visible until the area comes into range again.

Share this comment