Trying to stack two different subspecies of sleet wheat causes a crash

BallisticBuddha
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

It appears that mutated sleet wheat grains are having trouble stacking with the "original" variety. The first crash happened behind my back before I managed to analyze this mutation, but it occurred a second time with the same mutated sleet wheat gran stack as I saw a dupe send it down my conveyor rail and it tried to stack on the ground with the "original" subspecies of sleet wheat. I've only found one mutation of sleet wheat so far, and if it matters this one turned out to be the "superspecialized" variety.

The game I am playing here is modded, however, I went ahead and loaded the save without any mods and it is still occurring. The attached save file is right before it occurs, because a dupe is about to analyze said sleet wheat grain. All I had to do was send a sweep order to the original grain first that dropped from the analyzer, and then another sweep order to send the mutated analyzed grain. A dupe will come by and pick up one and load it onto the conveyor, and then having it get placed on the single-tile storage, and then the second sweep is what causes the crash right when it reaches the conveyor chute on that rail.

This is the error message:

Assert failed: Two seeds of different subspecies just absorbed!

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Debug:LogError(Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:142)
Debug:Assert(Boolean, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:188)
PlantableSeed:OnAbsorb(Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Creatures/common/PlantableSeed.cs:54)
<>c:<.cctor>b__19_0(PlantableSeed, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Creatures/common/PlantableSeed.cs:32)
IntraObjectHandler`1:Trigger(GameObject, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:109)
EventSystem:Trigger(GameObject, Int32, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:146)
KMonoBehaviour:Trigger(Int32, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:411)
Pickupable:Absorb(Pickupable) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Pickupable.cs:657)
Pickupable:TryAbsorb(Pickupable, Boolean, Boolean) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Pickupable.cs:571)
Pickupable:OnCellChange() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Pickupable.cs:507)
CellChangeMonitor:RenderEveryTick() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/CellChangeMonitor.cs:194)
Game:Update() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1341)

The Burgeoning Bunker (modless).sav

Steps to Reproduce

1) Have two or more different subspecies of sleet wheat (they don't have to be analyzed)

In my case, I already had an "original" on the ground of my single-tile storage area, and I had a dupe send through a "superspecialized" one that tried to stack with the original.

2) Build a conveyor loader with a conveyor chute on the other end of the rail and enable the filter for sleet wheat grain

3) Have a dupe send the first subspecies and have it land on the floor

4) Have a dupe send the second subspecies down the rail and right as the item comes out of the chute but before it lands on the same tile as the 1st subspecies the game will crash before it can merge the two or have them coexist on the same tile without merging.

Player.log

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

After the hotfix that added sleet wheat and nosh bean mutations, i'm also getting the same bug, i cant isolate it thou. Im not analyzing the seeds so I think its happening on my base in an area i cannot see. I do note that since the hotfix applied, sleet wheat is the only plant to say "original" next to it. I'm using mods but have disabled them and the bug persists.

Debug:LogError(Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:142)
Debug:Assert(Boolean, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:188)
PlantableSeed:OnAbsorb(Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Creatures/common/PlantableSeed.cs:54)
<>c:<.cctor>b__19_0(PlantableSeed, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Creatures/common/PlantableSeed.cs:32)
IntraObjectHandler`1:Trigger(GameObject, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:109)
EventSystem:Trigger(GameObject, Int32, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:146)
KMonoBehaviour:Trigger(Int32, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:411)
Pickupable:Absorb(Pickupable) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Pickupable.cs:657)
Pickupable:TryAbsorb(Pickupable, Boolean, Boolean) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Pickupable.cs:571)
Storage:Store(GameObject, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Storage.cs:429)
Delivery:Complete(List`1) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/chores/FetchAreaChore.cs:78)
StatesInstance:DeliverComplete() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/chores/FetchAreaChore.cs:496)
<>c:<InitializeStates>b__12_13(StatesInstance) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/chores/FetchAreaChore.cs:729)
GenericInstance:ExecuteActions(State, List`1) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:874)
GenericInstance:PushState(BaseState) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:833)
GenericInstance:GoTo(BaseState) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:1128)
<>c__DisplayClass80_0:<ToggleWork>b__1(StatesInstance, Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/GameStateMachine.cs:2013)
BucketUpdater`1:Update(StatesInstance, Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:96)
UpdateBucketWithUpdater`1:Update(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:79)
BucketGroup:AdvanceOneSubTick(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:152)
StateMachineUpdater:AdvanceOneSimSubTick() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:244)
Game:SimEveryTick(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1368)
Game:Update() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1344)

sleetwheat.png

blossom.png

Spacecamp.sav

Share this comment

Getting the same.  I can't even locate which seed is causing it.  Not using mods.

Pickupable:OnCellChange() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Pickupable.cs:507)
CellChangeMonitor:RenderEveryTick() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/CellChangeMonitor.cs:194)
Game:Update() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1341)

Share this comment

Same with me. Plant droping seed (noone is collecting it) out of visible range possibly giving this bug

Share this comment

So i deleted my fridge and stopped sleet wheat from being conveyored or stored. all was fine for around 30 cycles but now its happening again. Cant see how or where the plant is dropping.

new save file attached crash happens a few seconds after loading.

edit: just watched a dupe bring a mutated sleet wheat to a microbe musher and crash.

Spacecamp.sav

ren crashing the game.png

Edited by leeeverett1979

Share this comment

Adding my log.

Running 8 dupes right now, been trying to spot the one causing the bug but haven't spotted it yet. 

Edited by CharlieMars

Share this comment

Same. It happen if 2 different seed of sleet weat stock together in any storage. From dropping 18 weird seed duplicant get 3 seed, one mutated and 2 not mutated and bring it to research. When research start game crashed. When 2 mutated seed try get duplicant from ground to hands game crashed. When auto sweeper put stack of seed with mutation to storage game crashed. It so horrible, can't play with this bug. Need super-micromanage for game not crash.

Share this comment

I've encountered this issue on two separate games since the update, both BEFORE experimenting with radiation and seeds around cycle 120... using debug I found this was happening off world  on an unexplored planet with sleet wheat growing near wild wheezewort and seeds stacking on the ground near radiation, deleting the offending plants and clearing floor allowed me to play on... seems stacking of mutated seeds definitely needs addressing.

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, EricKlei said:

Changed Status to Fixed

Is it fixed though, or when do these fixes show up in Steam?

Share this comment

When we mark a bug as fixed it means that it has been fixed locally and it will go out in the next update. This bug and a few others will be fixed in todays update on the default branch, which should be going out soon.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment