The recreation buildings are hardly ever used

MachineryMan
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Good night.

I waited for about 250 cycles. Dudes don't use Jukebox and Mechanical Surfboard, placed in the recreation room. There are two soda fountains placed on the base, used very rarely (1 use in the last 10 cycles). The cooler is never used, although I never paid attention to how it was used before. The screenshots show the correct placement of buildings (The arcade game machine is not connected). I didn't check all of the recreational structures.

2.jpg.5ade002d761eeadf7620060fd131a30f.jpg3.jpg.4a4de622a182647a44f3a5aa3b0d10e6.jpg

Tried reloading, rebuilding the structure again.

Thanks for attention.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Build a recreation building.
2. Wait.

3. Wait.

4. Wait.

5. Wait.

User Feedback

They seem to work just fine for me... Do you have enough downtime in the schedule so dupes can use them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 3/3/2021 at 10:09 AM, sakura_sk said:

They seem to work just fine for me... Do you have enough downtime in the schedule so dupes can use them?

Hmmmm... 

In fact, at this very moment almost all of my dudes are near the base (all the tasks are not far away). I have 2 points in downtime. That should be enough as far as I'm concerned (it used to be). Another thing is that I use the mod for the extra mode in the schedule. Maybe it doesn't work correctly with other schedules. Thanks for letting me know! The problem is apparently on my side. 

When I figure out what the problem is, I'll post.

• Like 1

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, MachineryMan said:

I have 2 points in downtime.

I'm not sure if 2 points will be enough for them to use multiple buildings.. I usually put 4 points after a couple of "starvation" notifications (dupes take too long to reach base and they either eat or pee before sleeping). I also noticed that morale bonuses don't stack so if a dupe uses a recreation building it can't be used again until the morale bonus "expires".

I hope you find what's causing it and let your dupes enjoy their recreation :-D

Share this comment

3 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

I hope you find what's causing it and let your dupes enjoy their recreation

The thing is that in Vanilla I used 3, maximum 4 downtime slots and it was always enough even in situations where the dude had to run half a map to the base. Now I find that by increasing the downtime to three slots, dudes manage to use recbuilding at the very end. In fact, they end up using recbuilding in the second sleep slot. And that's assuming that the mod gives them time to safely finish the last errand and return to base (the problem was not in the mod). That is, they start doing "their business" inside the base.

The base, meanwhile, has lighting, plastic floors and ladders. That is, travel time is reduced to a minimum. 

This is their usual way:

2.thumb.jpg.42eebdba7db9b2310e7321bdefc15095.jpg

They perform all these actions in 3+ time slots. And I have a clear feeling that they used to do it faster.

Edited by MachineryMan

Share this comment