Temporal Tear Opener kanim has clearly the size of 3x4. POI it is located in suggests the same with 3 Diamond Tiles above it. However, BuildingDef in TemporalTearOpenerConfig.cs defines its size as 5x4.
As a result it is very confusing why nothing can be built next to it, POI is invalid and the Opener does not work without POI renovation - and it is not clear why does it not work since it has clearly required line of sight. I was able to rootcause the issue by looking in the game files to see how it works, but an average player won't do that and they will abandon the tear project as they won't ever be able to open it with provided setup.
I suggest changing the size of the opener to 3x4, or modify its POI and kanim to indicate it is 5x4 and require 5 tile space access.
See attached screen for reference - the opener occupies the same tiles as logic ribbons despie it's artwork clearly does not:
1. Find Temporal Tear Opener POI
2. Clear it and the space above it from ice and snow
3. Check it has no line of sight
4. Check it's size (hover the mouse next to it, try to build something next to it, etc) and see it is 5x4
5. Remove additional tiles from the POI to make glass space of 5 tiles - see the opener has now line of sight
A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now