SystemNotInitializedException: FMOD Studio initialization failed

DerIgni
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

When I start the game I get stuck in the splash screen (The Klei Logo) and the dev console opens with following error:

[18:19:02.287] [1] [ERROR] Assert failed
Assert failed
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Debug:LogError(Object) (at C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Debug.cs:142)
Debug:Assert(Boolean) (at C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Debug.cs:179)
DebugUtil:Assert(Boolean) (at C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\DebugUtil.cs:15)
KFMOD:CollectParameterUpdaters() (at C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\audio\KFMOD.cs:259)
KFMOD:Initialize() (at C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\audio\KFMOD.cs:79)
LaunchInitializer:Update() (at C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\LaunchInitializer.cs:49)

(Filename: C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs Line: 142)

SystemNotInitializedException: FMOD Studio initialization failed : FMOD.Studio.System.create : ERR_HEADER_MISMATCH : There is a version mismatch between the FMOD header and either the FMOD Studio library or the FMOD Low Level library.
  at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.get_Instance () [0x0015b] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\FMOD\RuntimeManager.cs:102 
  at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.get_StudioSystem () [0x00001] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\FMOD\RuntimeManager.cs:108 
  at KFMOD.CollectSoundDescriptions () [0x00003] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\audio\KFMOD.cs:183 
  at KFMOD.Initialize () [0x0004d] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\audio\KFMOD.cs:80 
  at LaunchInitializer.Update () [0x00081] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\LaunchInitializer.cs:49 

(Filename: C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs Line: 102)

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 2d40 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 337c -> priority: 1 
##utp:{"type":"MemoryLeaks","version":2,"phase":"Immediate","time":1605809942376,"processId":4488,"allocatedMemory":12092,"memoryLabels":[{"Default":1048},{"NewDelete":456},{"Thread":8},{"Manager":320},{"VertexData":192},{"GfxDevice":7760},{"Physics":32},{"Serialization":40},{"Terrain":88},{"String":1060},{"DynamicArray":352},{"PoolAlloc":-88},{"Sprites":8},{"VR":536},{"SceneManager":280}]}

I attached the log file. output_log.txt

As I saw there is a separate area for spaced out, I already mentioned the issue here in the comments,

which is probably not the correct place.

Best regards

Igni

Steps to Reproduce

Start the game.DxDiag.txt

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
43 minutes ago, fatheroctopus said:

Hi, can you double-check that you're not on the public_testing beta while the Spaced Out content is enabled?

Was encountering the same issue. In addition to not starting, a memory leak was occurring. If necessary, I can provide HW info/logs/perfmon data

Switching back to main branch solved it.

Share this comment

That's alright, playing the public_testing branch with dlc checked is basically a non-starter at the moment. But if you see a memory leak on the main branch, definitely let us know. Thanks!

• Like 1

Share this comment

I'm opted out from all betas from the beginning, but I'm on Linux, and still having this problem. Should I report it as a separate issue?

Share this comment

@abyss.7 no need to report, that error is the reason we've actually said that the alpha is not supported on Linux at all currently. We are looking to resolve that issue before the alpha is over.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

Share this comment

13 hours ago, fatheroctopus said:

Hi, can you double-check that you're not on the public_testing beta while the Spaced Out content is enabled?

Looking for a fix to the same issue here. But how does one play the DLC while not being part of the public testing. When I unselect this the game updates back the the standard version in steam

Looking for a fix to the same issue here. But how does one play the DLC while not being part of the public testing. When I unselect this the game updates back the the standard version in steam

Share this comment

To clarify the state of this:

If you're experiencing this bug on a non-Linux build, it is most likely because you are on the public_testing beta branch. To play with the Spaced Out! content, you must opt out of all beta branches, but have the DLC checked on the "DLC" tab from the Properties window in steam. (Right-click ONI in your library -> Properties)

If you're experiencing this bug on Linux, that is a known issue, and Linux is not currently supported by the alpha.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

If you're experiencing this bug on Linux, that is a known issue, and Linux is not currently supported by the alpha.

Well shucks. I was really excited to get accepted into the alpha testing. I hope this is remedied sooner rather than later.

• Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

@zophan @ricklusive you can play it on linux using Proton - it work flawlessly on my machine:

Linux hashed-legion 5.4.74-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Nov 1 13:43:13 UTC 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Using Proton 5.0-10 as I have some issues with 5.13-2 (not ONI related, literally no game is working for me on it). You will find how to enable proton in Steam (you need to use beta Steam) in web, but in addition to that you need to go to ONI properties and check "Force the use of specific Steam Play compatibility tool" (as ONI technically has native linux release, it wont run on proton as default).

Share this comment

Hello Linux players! The alpha build should now be working on Linux machines as of this update. I'll leave this bug pinned until next week. Please only update this bug if you are experiencing the same issue as before. If you see a Linux-related issue that is clearly different from the original bug description, please create a new bug. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment