Strange Hand Pump behavior

Baer
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Steps to Reproduce

Build a Hand Pump and let Dupes do there job. 

i add a Video, so you guys have not to deal with my english. :D

User Feedback

There are grams of water or almost no water at all below the floor tiles of pitcher pump so while Catalina tries to pull out at least 1kg of water that is not possible. If you click and check the pump you could probably see how much water there is "polluted water ** kg, water **kg". If you want to use the clean water there, the easier way is a liquid pump one tile deeper than the surface and a filter. Then move water to a separate location to use it with a pitcher pump.

Share this comment

It is a fresh start, so no pumps, but a hungry research station and super computer to get this things. Solve the problem and dig out a tile underneath, so the water spread out more. and so you see, there should be plenty of water to pump. the problem here is the polluted water on the left and the fresh water on the right. sometimes, the pump (or the dupes) get somehow stuck in this particular moment. 

Share this comment

All I'm saying is: if you put pitcher pump "floor" above water level usually this behavior does not happen (I think... xD) The way the pump is placed in the video I think it cannot reach the top level of water (there is tiles of water above pump. If you open "overlays" -> materials ->liquid it will be more obvious)

Share this comment