Strange behavior & Crash when adding one rocket platform and removing another

Electroely
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

image.thumb.png.aa684382d89d841a3915c31de80828f4.png

I had to move my rocket platform to make room for some stuff, so I build a new rocket platform, moved the rocket there by launching into orbit and landing, and removed the rocket platform. When I do that, though, the cargo loaders say they're unlinked when they're supposed to be, and the one loader that's ACTUALLY unlinked isn't showing signs of malfunction. When I deconstruct said loader, the game crashes.

The loaders go back to expected behavior when reloading the save before deconstruction. Bugged loader can be deconstructed afterwards.

NullReferenceException

UnityEngine.Component.GetComponent[T] () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Scripting/Component.bindings.cs:42)
KMonoBehaviour.IStateMachineTarget.GetComponent[ComponentType] () (at <4b917236046245f996053d7866835dd9>:0)
StateMachine+Instance.Trigger (System.Int32 hash, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:302)
ChainedBuilding+StatesInstance.ClearLinks () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/ChainedBuilding.cs:231)
ChainedBuilding+StatesInstance.OnCleanUp () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/ChainedBuilding.cs:97)
StateMachine`4+GenericInstance[StateMachineType,StateMachineInstanceType,MasterType,DefType].StopSM (System.String reason) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:1044)
StateMachineController.OnTargetDestroyed (System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachineController.cs:108)
StateMachineController+<>c.<.cctor>b__30_0 (StateMachineController component, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachineController.cs:101)
EventSystem+IntraObjectHandler`1[ComponentType].Trigger (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, System.Object eventData) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:109)
EventSystem.Trigger (UnityEngine.GameObject go, System.Int32 hash, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:146)
KMonoBehaviour.Trigger (System.Int32 hash, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:411)
TracesExtesions.DeleteObject (UnityEngine.GameObject go) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/Traces.cs:49)
Deconstructable.TriggerDestroy (System.Single temperature, System.Byte disease_idx, System.Int32 disease_count) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Deconstructable.cs:161)
Deconstructable.OnCompleteWork (Worker worker) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Deconstructable.cs:138)
Workable.CompleteWork (Worker worker) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Workable.cs:430)
Worker.CompleteWork () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Worker.cs:106)
Worker.Work (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Worker.cs:156)
GameStateMachine`4+State+<>c__DisplayClass80_0[StateMachineType,StateMachineInstanceType,MasterType,DefType].<ToggleWork>b__1 (StateMachineInstanceType smi, System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/GameStateMachine.cs:2009)
BucketUpdater`1[DataType].Update (DataType data, System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:96)
UpdateBucketWithUpdater`1[DataType].Update (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:79)
StateMachineUpdater+BucketGroup.AdvanceOneSubTick (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:152)
StateMachineUpdater.AdvanceOneSimSubTick () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:244)
Game.SimEveryTick (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1368)
Game.Update () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1344)

I'm only using one mod (Suppress Notifications), so I apologize if it's that, but this doesn't seem like it could be related.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Build rocket platform with a gas loader and solid loader on opposite ends and use for regular shipments of aluminum of natural gas & aluminum for a long time (50 cycles or so?)
2. Build a new rocket platform on the other side of the gas port and deconstruct the old rocket platform after moving the rocket
3. Notice gas port says it's not linked. Deconstruct old solid port and crash.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Fixed

The Rocket Port linking got an overhaul and I wasn't able to reproduce this anymore, so I'm marking it fixed. Watch for the changes in the next patch! :)

• Thanks 1

Share this comment