Spontaneous Cooling of Polluted water in pipe

ArunPrasath
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I'm not sure if this will be reproducible when the save file is reopened. Seen this 2 times in the past (pre-dlc days). Back then, every time I reopen the save file , issue will be gone.

Anyway, below cell is cooled down spontaneously, and is at -18 degrees. I dont have any polluted water source at that temperature. As you can see to the right, there's a water bath which heats up the water to 55 degrees. This farm is present for a while now (atleast 30+ cycles) and has been working fine so far.

image.thumb.png.8f258c4322ed94c8b1ff48899985f70a.png

Clone Crashpad.sav

Steps to Reproduce

Unfortunately, I dont know how to reproduce this :( 

Seeing this issue for the first time in ages

User Feedback

Sry ... found the problem right after I posted this! The conveyor bridge is leaking heat!

So this is the actual problem - need the conveyor bridge to not leak heat this way!

Share this comment

On 3/21/2022 at 1:27 AM, ArunPrasath said:

Sry ... found the problem right after I posted this! The conveyor bridge is leaking heat!

So this is the actual problem - need the conveyor bridge to not leak heat this way!

Bridges have always worked this way. Rather than having heat interact with whatever is crossing through them they instead interact with whatever tiles their input and output are touching.  This means that if you have one end touching a hot area and another touching a cool area the heat will interact with both ends of the bridge.

Also bridges don't interact with heat on the input end for transported materials, but the output end will interact with heat for the transported material.

Share this comment