Sound when night comes (ver.2)

sakura_sk
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Original bug report: 

For some reason I can't record sound of the game in my (potato) pc to show what exactly I mean. But! Here is "the sound" from another person's playthrough.

Explaining video's exact minute : Two dupes in the teleporter planetoid of Terra classic start. Both are sleeping. "Plop" sound (similar to what "finishing a building" sounds) but no building is currently built.

What I think is causing it: Plug slugs!

I think when the night cycle starts and plug slugs start searching (deciding?) for a spot to hang, they trigger the "plop" sound. It doesn't happen every time though (my pc manages to make most bugs buggier so maybe that is why I hear it often enough)  

It's not a serious bug (nothing is crashing) just a sanity check :lol: (I'm not just hearing sounds... They exist!)

Steps to Reproduce

I generated multiple plug slugs and waited for night to fall. Usually there is a "plop"

Needy 58 slug sound.sav

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hah, this must have been so satisfying for you to discover the source of the sound that plagued you!

Yes, this is exactly what's happening - when a plug slug goes to sleep, it builds an invisible generator building. Usually, whenever a building is built, we play a sound for it. In this case, though, obviously it should not!

I believe there's a fix being made for this, big big thanks for the heads up!

• Haha 1
  • Health 1

Share this comment