Priorities are so broken, why do they exist??

SirPhoboseus
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

No clue why this is still an issue on a 5 year old game.

I play the game for several months at a time and go about 6 months to a year between binges and the PRIORITIES are so broken it's not even funny.

RIDICULOUS!

RATION BOX = Errand type supply                      

Do you supply your fridge at home or do you store food in your fridge at home??  I made a post about this like 2 years ago.

Why does SWEEPING task activate STORING and not TIDYING

Why does LIFE SUPPORT control emptying the Outhouse and not TIDYING

This stuff makes no sense to me as a native english speaker.  Your forums are in English, what is the glitch?

This feels like the authors are purposely screwing with us.  I set my store priorities higher to keep food from spoiling but it's really supply that puts meal lice in a ration box not store.

There's about 50 more problems with the PRIORITIES and it feels like KLEI either doesn't give a crap about fixing it or purposely likes to have it broken to mess with us.

I've wasted over 2000 hours on this game and i have definitely bitched about this several times over the years.

JESUS CHRIST IS LORD - I REBUKE YOU KLEI 

Steps to Reproduce

When expecting a duplicant to STORE items in something use priority SUPPLY not STORE.

When expecting a duplicant to SUPPLY items to a construction project use priority STORE not SUPPLY.

When expecting a duplicant to EMPTY an Outhouse use LIFE SUPPORT not TIDYING.

When expecting a duplicant to FARM and setting FARMING to double up arrows and mealwood to 9, duplicants will ignore ready to harvest mealwood and do lvl 5 single up arrow sweeping instead.

When trying to have a good time playing oxgen not included, don't even open the priorities because they are complete and utter crap to the game play and only causes headaches and torment to the player playing a 5 year old game with first year gameplay issues.

Kudos

User Feedback

>Do you supply your fridge at home or do you store food in your fridge at home??

Fortunately I'm consuming food from fridge

>Why does SWEEPING task activate STORING and not TIDYING

Think task name should be changed to "store" instead of "sweep", because you are dealing with debris of size 5-10 tonns, so it is not "sweeping".

>Why does LIFE SUPPORT control emptying the Outhouse and not TIDYING

because it is not just clean toilet sit? Think in a context of space colony it is really life support

>When expecting a duplicant to STORE items in something use priority SUPPLY not STORE.

>When expecting a duplicant to SUPPLY items to a construction project use priority STORE not SUPPLY.

When you are moving igneous rock into a bin (storing), it should be store, while when you are supplying metal refinary with metal ore (supplying) it should be supply? Seems here everything is ok. Same with construction. 

I'm not a native speaker, for me storing is something about - put into storage bean and forgot, while supplying is bring materials for future transformation.

>When expecting a duplicant to FARM and setting FARMING to double up arrows and mealwood to 9, duplicants will ignore ready to harvest mealwood and do lvl 5 single up arrow sweeping instead.

Not sure about it. Are you sure duplicant have no personal priorities assigned? Are you sure nobody else assigned for harvest?

Share this comment