Portal Crash Bug

Moledo
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Hello first, I would like to apologize, I am a Brazilian player and I am using the Google translator, so I know that the game is constantly being updated because it is a preview of Alpha, but I am finding several bugs and I am using a tool that the game itself gave me. offers, is this the most effective way? but the bug that is preventing me from actually playing is the character duplicator, or portal, where there are 3 to 4 options to choose from, whenever I click on "choose" the game crashes and tells me to send the bug, only I'm warning you here because it's impossible for me to continue playing without saving, because I can't choose any options, because the game always crashes, that's it, thank you very much

Steps to Reproduce

Steps to Reproduce
I don't know how it happened, but I think it has to do with the constant updates that you've been doing, so much so that I noticed that the image of the duplicator / portal has changed to a pretty one by the way

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I ran into a couple portal crashes too. I noticed that it would crash more often if I did the following:

1. Assign dupe to portal transmitter on both asteroids.
  2. Wait for each dupe to enter transmitter but don't hit Teleport.
  3. Pause the game.
  4. While paused, hit Teleport on both sides.
  5. Unpause -> crash.

After a couple crashes, I learned to avoid teleporting dupes in both directions while paused.

Share this comment

19 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Hi @Moledo, it will be fixed soon.

I realized and if it was to guess I would say it was crashing because you were adding the ability to fly rockets, and the duplicator was not recognizing it correctly, but if I find a bug just report it within the game itself or better here on the forum?

Share this comment

Yes that's correct, we added Piloting skill recently and it was missing in one part of the code. This was fixed in 443836.

We look at crashes submitted through the game and here on this bug tracker. You can submit to one or both if you like. This bug tracker allows us to have a conversation about the bug and you can see the current status so there are benefits to submitting here but it's not required.

Share this comment

On 12/4/2020 at 1:18 PM, studley92 said:

I ran into a couple portal crashes too. I noticed that it would crash more often if I did the following:

1. Assign dupe to portal transmitter on both asteroids.
  2. Wait for each dupe to enter transmitter but don't hit Teleport.
  3. Pause the game.
  4. While paused, hit Teleport on both sides.
  5. Unpause -> crash.

After a couple crashes, I learned to avoid teleporting dupes in both directions while paused.

Just saw this post. I tried these steps a couple times and didn't encounter a crash so it's possible a recent change fix it. If you encounter this again please submit a new bug report.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment