Plant seed useless because of rounding error

Coolthulhu
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Linux Pending

Sometimes rounding errors cause seeds to be just few mg short of the 1 kg needed for planting. This prevents planting, despite the UI rounding it up to 1kg.

On the screenshot, I have UI showing 1kg seed (saturn), but the hydroponics below says "no seed available". Nothing prevents pathing from the seed to the farm and the seed isn't reserved anywhere else. The ice block didn't change anything.

20210528090217_1.thumb.jpg.5bdf9ef85e193eb4d956a2ec180a208a.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

1. Have a seed few mg below 1kg. 2. Notice that it's possible to designate it to be planted in a plot. 3. Try to plant it in a plot. 4. Note the "no seed available" tooltip.

User Feedback

The "not enough materials" in multiple versions (materials for buildings usually) I think is a known glitch. Are you sure they cannot plant in the farm though? Because I am able to plant chopped seeds 

image.thumb.png.973646a5e91dc0d5512b8910585ff3c3.png

Share this comment

Weird: fixed itself on save+load.

19 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

The "not enough materials" in multiple versions (materials for buildings usually) I think is a known glitch. Are you sure they cannot plant in the farm though? Because I am able to plant chopped seeds 

image.thumb.png.973646a5e91dc0d5512b8910585ff3c3.png

I was able to select the plant for planting, as you can see in my screenshot. The duplicants just wouldn't deliver the seed, not even when I put it on yellow alert priority.

Share this comment