Pips don't plant Arbor Tree Seeds

HagenAizen
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I tried everything, I prepared the places, they do not plant in any way.

Extra

Steps to Reproduce

1- Set up a normal farm room
2- let in enough seeds and a few pips.
3- If you put 7 seeds, they will plant 2-3 of them and do nothing.

User Feedback

You have wild plants below. They block pips from planting. Check how it works. Or install mod that shows where pip can and cant plant

Share this comment

1 minute ago, asurendra said:

Aşağıda yabani bitkiler var. Piplerin ekim yapmasını engellerler. Nasıl çalıştığını kontrol edin. Veya pip'in nereye ekilip eklenemeyeceğini gösteren modu kurun

Hello asurendra thanks for reply.
What do you mean below? It's a farm room.
I use 2 mods, I don't think I will use another mod. thank you for your advice.
- Big Camera
- Sweep Tool filter.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

IMG_20230511_090941.thumb.jpg.5626db0280753f91d4a77fa5f09e6b45.jpg

This bug must be a habit. What does the farm room above have to do with the one below?

Share this comment

2 hours ago, HagenAizen said:

This bug must be a habit. What does the farm room above have to do with the one below?

Pips dont care about rooms or walls. They look only on distance. Thats not a bug, thats how it supposed to work

Edited by asurendra

Share this comment

45 minutes ago, asurendra said:

Pips dont care about rooms or walls. They look only on distance. Thats not a bug, thats how it supposed to work

It's ridiculous that she can't see the walls or even detect the rooms. I wanted to establish a natural farm for the first time. When I solve my water problem, I will return it to normal, they still left a place empty and they are not planting. This problem persists even though I have rooted out all the other plants in the world. :-)
Pisces used to have a similar Búllsít. living in one frame they were concerned with the expanse of the outside world.

Edited by HagenAizen

Share this comment

6 hours ago, HagenAizen said:

This bug must be a habit.

Not a bug. You can look for more instructions in this post:

Or use this mod that has an overlay to show where pips can plant:

Pip Plant Overlay

• Like 1

Share this comment

I hope in the future the plant seed logic of the Pips will be improved and they will work according to the environment they are in.
I spent 15-20 minutes trying to understand the logic. However, it was simply tied to 3-4 rules.

It never occurred to me that they were related to what was going on outside of the environment they were in.

Thank you for your help and answers.

Edited by HagenAizen

Share this comment

Pips have no "logic" in them. Just because we observed them long enough to know what they are doing, you think they can logically plant something?! No. I'm pretty sure they can sense loose storage bins even if they can't reach them so they can crack them open the first chance they get just like they sense plants on different rooms and levels.

Jokes aside, I think the way pips behave was how the devs wanted them to be. If you haven't found the key to make them obey some rules, they are just mischievous little.... critters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment