Null exception while entering Temporal Tear

pether
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I set my course for opened temporal tear. My rocket had Spacefarer module with 2 pilots inside and a Basic Nosecone (no Drillcone as I saw different bug related to them). When I reached the Tear and clicked "Enter the Tear" button, I got crash with black hole screen. At that point I was offline with no way to report the issue so I didn't copy the full message, but I remember it was about Removing items from MinionIdentities

Sorry, but I cannot collect detailed logs due to this issue preventing me from loading my game (if you manage to fix that issue, save file attached to it is like half a cycle before reaching the tear, so please use it to reproduce Null Exception while entering the tear):

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open the tear

2. Fly to it with two pilots inside Spacefarer Module + Basic Nosecone

3. Try to enter the tear

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Fixed

I encountered the following crash only once when trying to reproduce the issue, which I could not reproduce but I did fix. However, it points to larger issue with deleting duplicants in other parts of the code, mostly in relation to UI. I've fixed a couple other potential crashes too and will continue looking for other cases.

MinionIdentity.GetProperName () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Dev_SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/MinionIdentity.cs:227)
MinionAssignablesProxy.GetProperName () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Dev_SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Assignables/MinionAssignablesProxy.cs:242)
RetiredColonyData..ctor (System.String colonyName, System.Int32 cycleCount, System.String date, System.String[] achievements, MinionAssignablesProxy[] minions, BuildingComplete[] buildingCompletes, System.String startWorld, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] worldIdentities) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Dev_SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/RetireColonyUtility.cs:585)
RetireColonyUtility.GetCurrentColonyRetiredColonyData () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Dev_SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/RetireColonyUtility.cs:162)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment