Loading a save with a liquid cargo bay causes a crash

feoranis26
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Loading a save with a liquid cargo bay that was saved before the update causes a crash.

This is the stack trace:

Error in LiquidCargoBayComplete.CargoBay.OnSpawn 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CargoBay.OnSpawn () [0x000af] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Space\CargoBay.cs:59 
  at KMonoBehaviour.Spawn () [0x00078] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\KMonoBehaviour.cs:285 

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
Debug:LogError(Object, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:152)
DebugUtil:LogErrorArgs(Object, Object[]) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/DebugUtil.cs:191)
DebugUtil:LogException(Object, String, Exception) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/DebugUtil.cs:201)
KMonoBehaviour:Spawn() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:292)
KMonoBehaviour:Start() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:243)

The Subterranean FactoryCRASHING.sav

Steps to Reproduce

Load a save with a liquid cargo bay that was saved before the update, or install "Rest for the weary" mod (otherwise the file will crash for another reason) and try to load the save file above.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hey, I am also getting this error message and can't load my game after the update. I have two liquid cargo tanks on one of my rockets and I don't know how I'm gonna deconstruct it when I can't start the game.

In update logs:

• The new version of the Large Liquid Tank had an incorrect ID, which may have caused save/load issues. If you have a Large Liquid Tank in your save, you will need to deconstruct it and rebuild it

So this is the problem...

Error in LiquidCargoBayComplete.CargoBay.OnSpawn 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CargoBay.OnSpawn () [0x000af] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Space\CargoBay.cs:59 
  at KMonoBehaviour.Spawn () [0x00078] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\KMonoBehaviour.cs:285 

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
Debug:LogError(Object, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:152)
DebugUtil:LogErrorArgs(Object, Object[]) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/DebugUtil.cs:191)
DebugUtil:LogException(Object, String, Exception) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/DebugUtil.cs:201)
KMonoBehaviour:Spawn() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:292)
KMonoBehaviour:Start() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:243)

Share this comment

How are we supposed to deconstruct it and rebuild it if we can't access our saves, Klei?!

Edited by feoranis26

Share this comment

I found a workaround for the moment, you can use Duplicity to go in the save file and change the id of liquid and solid cargo bays to something else, then they will just register as unknown buildings.

Share this comment

Thanks dude,

I have never used duplicity, could you send a screenshot changing the id?

Edit: Thanks I found it.

Edited by Skyly_

Share this comment