Insulated and Normal Tile Construction deleting massive amounts of heat.

oconzer
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

I just noticed that while I was working on my molten planet that using the just cooled magma to make insulated tiles drops the heat from 2500+F to only 113F. This is completely broken.

EDIT: I just found out also it works with normal tiles and any material as well. I built some normal tiles and it dropped the temperature of 2500+F to 113F with both igenous and obsidian.

EDIT2: Just noticed it also applies to ladders as well.

Steps to Reproduce

Take some freshly cooled magma and build a insulated tile from the materials. Notice the huge temperature difference.

User Feedback

Buildings resetting the material temperature is by design. A micro-intensive way to delete heat.

• Like 2

Share this comment

And a good idea too. Because otherwise we really would need a way to select construction material by temperature. That would make things much more complicated and add little or nothing to the gameplay. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 1/28/2022 at 11:04 PM, Gurgel said:

and add little or nothing to the gameplay. 

That would actually add a lot. Heat management is basically the main mechanic in ONI. Straight up ignoring it feels inapropriate.
Always thought of it as one of those rare cases when the actual feature is actually a bug

Share this comment

7 hours ago, fritt said:

That would actually add a lot. Heat management is basically the main mechanic in ONI. Straight up ignoring it feels inapropriate.
Always thought of it as one of those rare cases when the actual feature is actually a bug

It would add complexity and tedium. It would not add entertainment.

Share this comment