Huge RAM consumption upon viewing and loading save files

GurkMuppen
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

So...
Ever since i reached around 400 cycles on a save file I've had troubles viewing and loading files. Multiple times I've gotten a game crash upon me loading said save file and a windows error saying "Out of memory". But just an hour ago my computer freaked out when i tried opening my save, the infamous infinite popups occurred (though caused by the screen not clearing) so i had to restart my computer. 

To be able to load a save file I've found out that closing all applications such as discord and chrome, then reopening them as soon as the game has finished loading.

Information about my computer and game:

My computer (Windows 10) is using a 6.6-GB DDR4 RAM Card which is above the minimum of 4 GB RAM.

I also have around 20 save files just lying around that Im not using. 

Steps to Reproduce

1. Have a pretty big save file.

2. Have a lower grade RAM card.

3. Load mentioned save file.

User Feedback

Could you attach your DxDiag and check if there are any large png files in your Documents/KleiOxygenNotIncluded/ folder? They may be in RetiredColonies, save_files, or cloud_save_files.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

Here's the DxDiag.

I've checked through out the save and png folders but there doesn't seem to be any files larger than 4 MB. I also tried to find "Local\Temp\Klei\Oxygen Not Included\Crashes" but in the folder named temp there's no folder named Klei. 

Thanks for the help so far!

DxDiag.txt

Share this comment

i to have bad news about minimum, because this game can go easily over 10 GB memory usage

also its the  game minimum what is typed at there NOT the Windows + game

but not sure if this is the case because it should use less than 2GB when you load your small amount save files 

Edited by gabberworld

Share this comment

Okay, well thanks for the help!

I'll probably order a new RAM card in the near future.

Keep up the good work!

Share this comment