Game immediately freezes on loading the save

lariat
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi,

I have a fairly late game save which has become completely unplayable. I am on cycle 1395 with 5 asteroids colonized.

When I load the attached save the game is immediately frozen and I am unable to interact with the game at all, either via mouse or keyboard. I have to kill the process via taskmgr. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and I have even tried loading the save on another computer only to get the same issue. Disabled real time AV protection as well. I have also tried going back to previous saves, and while the game will run fine with no hitches at all for less than 1 cycle, the game will eventually stutter and freeze shortly after to where I have to kill the process again. I have been struggling along killing and restarting the process as the game freezes for probably 5-10 cycles like this until now where I have gotten hard stuck with the attached save.

Any guidance? Would hate to abandon a late game colony.

(Attached dxdiag and player logs, along with save file in the zip)

Steps to Reproduce

Load the save and immediately freeze

User Feedback

I have also tried going back to previous saves, and while the game will run fine with no hitches at all for less than 1 cycle, the game will eventually stutter and freeze shortly after to where I have to kill the process again.

Could you attach this save file?

I also experience the freeze when loading your save file but I'm not sure the cause. At least it shouldn't be hardware related.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

This sounds like the issue i had only a few hours ago. I can't be sure it wasn't one of my 70+ mods thought...

Might be unrelated, but i documented my processing in trying to solve my issue somewhat on this post on mine on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Oxygennotincluded/comments/se0jjs/issue_anybody_else_experience_something_similar/

Share this comment

@WolfDK We just released an update with a performance fix for Starmap entities such as Interplanetary Payloads, see if the update fixes it. If not please submit a new bug report with your save file and Player.log file.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment