Game crashes on windows 11

abasourdi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello,

From time to time, sometimes during the auto save, sometimes randomly, the game stop responding => I have to force stop it.

I tried waiting 5 minutes to see if it got better, I tried disabling windows defender, etc. as mentioned in the Klei FAQ. I did a full reinstall of the game and verify integrity.

All my drivers are up to date. My computer is good (4 years old, cpu is ok 7700 i7)

I only play with one mod, zoom out.

You can find the log file attached, it contains some line such as:

d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=1160 h=194 d3dfmt=28 [887a0005]

at the end (maybe responsible for the crash)

Thanks a lot for your time, keep up the good work!

Steps to Reproduce

- Play

- It randomly crashes

DxDiag.txt

User Feedback

This seems a lot like a bug that happened quite often in my old laptop (7 year old and that could heat up well) but I didn't have up to date drivers (and I couldn't update them really) so I just thought it was because of that. The bug happened at random and some times on new updates it was more often but then it didn't happen for a while again. The log file can go on and on and on repeating the same lines with the game stuck and non responding. The bug never happened on my new pc so I don't really have much more info to offer.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

3 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

This seems a lot like a bug that happened quite often in my old laptop (7 year old and that could heat up well) but I didn't have up to date drivers (and I couldn't update them really) so I just thought it was because of that. The bug happened at random and some times on new updates it was more often but then it didn't happen for a while again. The log file can go on and on and on repeating the same lines with the game stuck and non responding. The bug never happened on my new pc so I don't really have much more info to offer.

I am happy that it works fine for you now :) . Hope you can build a lot!

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I found this as well: https://steamcommunity.com/app/457140/discussions/3/1639792569837140896/

I am now trying in low res texture to see if it fixes it. I added my DxDiag as well.

• Like 1

Share this comment