Food poisoning explosion in the air

bottos
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

For some reasons I had a food poisoning "explosion" in the air of my base and the base itself is completely filled with oxygen and carbon d. 20220115174022_1.thumb.jpg.b116fcfa295fdfae5e4dc0ef40e1c16f.jpg20220115173947_1.thumb.jpg.4cf70dfd493b7b13c39f0e2c104f90d7.jpg

Food poisoning (yes food poisoning not airlungs) should very rapidly decrease, however it keeps quickly oscillating between 6k and 8k and never goes down while my dupes are going crazy disinfecting everything

Steps to Reproduce

I think the "explosion" in my base was caused by the removal of Hydroponic Farms previously containing Thimble Reeds. However I have noticed that this problem exists in all the world and not only inside my base.. the amount of food poisoning germs keeps quickly oscillating and does not descrease as it should.

User Feedback

I have seen this before. Plants that consume polluted water, such as thimble reeds, do not consume germs. Hence you can end up with A bottle of water that has thousands of times the maximum amount of germs for a given amount of water. Then when your dupe picks up that water they, and everything they touch, gets cover in an excessive amount of germs. And the air if you have even a sign bottle sublimate, will get contaminated as your screenshot shows.

This could be resolved if the hydroponic and farm tiles consumed germs proportionally to the amount of fertilization (water, polluted water, slime) that they consume, but this has been normal gameplay for years.

Share this comment

This can be the cause of the "explosion" in my base. However the additional bug is that the amount of food poisoning germs in the air (also in other places outside of the base) keeps quickly oscillating instead of decreasing in gases as the should. Just to be clear, when I say quickly oscillating I literally mean multiple times a second going up and down by few thousands.

Share this comment

Maybe the "oscillating" is because the gas that contain germs exchange places with nearby tiles. Each tile has different germs and they could change place very quickly. Disinfection only disinfect object surface but not gas. As I remember food poisoning and slimelung germs die slowly in oxygen. Another "explosion" might be food poisoning water to electrolyzer.

Share this comment