Extended playtime will eventually stop stressed out dupes from doing their stress reactions

g5457s
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I left the game running for several hours, leaving my colony to do its thing. Then I discovered... why is this dupe not freaking out even at max stress? He's been like this for several minutes as of posting this bug report. He probably got so used to it, ugly crying becomes a waste of time.

457140_20220805154702_1.thumb.png.d8cfa7e5fd94f0db44d37e5cbe7b40f8.png

Steps to Reproduce

1 - Stress out a dupe and make sure conditions remain stressful. For better results, get all skills from the skill tree.

2 - Play or leave the colony to do its thing for several hours, preferably upwards of 6 hours. Eventually the stressed out dupe will not do any stress reaction, even at 100% stress.

User Feedback

Could you attach your save file? It looks like they are playing the walking animation from having the Sunny Disposition trait. Their stress might be at 99.98% but the details panel rounds up when displaying it.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

20 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Could you attach your save file? It looks like they are playing the walking animation from having the Sunny Disposition trait. Their stress might be at 99.98% but the details panel rounds up when displaying it.

Save file attached!

Reloading the game actually "fixes" the problem - Max does his Ugly Crier stress reaction normally. But if I keep the game running for 6+ hours straight again, the "bug" will occur again. Will capture it on video the next time it happens.

Atkomstehant Modified.sav

• Thanks 1

Share this comment