There are a couple things to note about this build. First of all, Ranch Ashkan can easily leave this area and his mask is out of oxygen, but he still hasn't left. He is also 2 blocks in to his downtime and should have left for that reason as well. He appears to be stuck and I think he stayed stuck until there were no critters left. He is sheering dreckos and he naturally stops when there are no more critters before dying this time. However, I have let this play out before and duplicants will die to this.
The Merry Abyss.sav This is a save where the issue can occur. Unfortunately, I don't have a save where it was happening because I accidentally overwrote it. Loading did immediately resolve the issue. I do have a few mods, but I don't think any of them affect ranching or critter (or at the very least drecko) behavior. Parts of the base will explode if you don't have Tiny Doors (to avoid the door heat duplication/manipulation), so I recommend installing that before examining this colony.
Unsure as to what causes this, but a brief description of my setup where it happens:
- Build a room only accessible by oxygen mask (not sure if this is required) with a hydrogen atmosphere and a floor of 1 tile deep airflow tiles to absorb the CO2. No oxygen at all.
- Build multiple sheering stations (unknown if this is related).
- Populate the room with a large number of dreckos
- Get to a point where there are a large number of unsheered dreckos (required for event to occur, as it ends when there are no more dreckos to sheer)
- Wait for a duplicant to get stuck