Dupes will not deliver worn oxygen masks to docks

pinecone_kun
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Dupes will only deliver Oxygen Masks to docks is they are new. once they are "worn" they will not deliver them to the docks. As shown in picture there are 4 dupes that are idle and not delivering. Worn masks that are worn by dupes and dropped off at and Oxygen Mask checkpoint are still loaded into the docks like one would expect

ONI_masks.png

Steps to Reproduce

Make Oxygen Mask docks and checkpoint. Make new masks for them and they will be delivered. Allow dupes to pass through the checkpoint and come back depositing masks at the dock. Once mask has is considered a "Worn Oxygen Mask" get a dupe to drop the mask they are wearing (preferably on the side of the checkpoint where they normally don't wear masks). Set dock that doesn't have a mask in it (best to be furthest from checkpoint) to have mask delivered.

For this to work best make sure you only create as many masks as you have docks. Worn masks will not be delivered.

In my example for instance I have a ton of worn masks but no new ones and they aren't being delivered.

User Feedback

I believe the bug here is that you can equip worn masks - worn masks are not supposed to be useable. You can repair them at the crafting station.

Share this comment

On 3/27/2021 at 6:36 PM, Electroely said:

I believe the bug here is that you can equip worn masks - worn masks are not supposed to be useable. You can repair them at the crafting station.

That's a good thought so I tried it out. New Oxygen Masks can be equipped and delivered. Worn ones can't be equipped or delivered.

This may be me but I have no idea how to actually repair them. I'm assuming it happens when they reach 0% but my worn ones were well above that and nobody will touch them except to put them in a storage bin if I tell them to. Also noticed that regular Oxygen masks have a diary entry whereas worn ones do not pull up any entry when clicked on. Makes me think it just wasn't fully implemented.

ONI_masks2.png

ONI_masks3.png

Share this comment

2 hours ago, pinecone_kun said:

This may be me but I have no idea how to actually repair them.

They can be repaired on the same station they were built: oxygen masks->crafting station, atmo/jet/lead suits ->exosuit forge

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.30a85441261c1188042d30b5fc9b3efe.png

1295853126_wornsuit.thumb.png.6c7aa4e500dc1d755918146122d085a5.png

If you set a "forever" order for worn masks and have some spares available, dupes will deliver the spares when a durability in a mask reaches -0- (the moment it passes a check point) and the "worn" ones will be repaired and wait to be delivered the next time a mask "breaks". Oxygen masks require only dupe labor to be repaired while other suits need dupe labor+ some materials (reed fiber for atmo/jet suits, glass for lead suits)

• Big Ups 2

Share this comment

12 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

They can be repaired on the same station they were built: oxygen masks->crafting station, atmo/jet/lead suits ->exosuit forge

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.30a85441261c1188042d30b5fc9b3efe.png

1295853126_wornsuit.thumb.png.6c7aa4e500dc1d755918146122d085a5.png

If you set a "forever" order for worn masks and have some spares available, dupes will deliver the spares when a durability in a mask reaches -0- (the moment it passes a check point) and the "worn" ones will be repaired and wait to be delivered the next time a mask "breaks". Oxygen masks require only dupe labor to be repaired while other suits need dupe labor+ some materials (reed fiber for atmo/jet suits, glass for lead suits)

OK yeah that works. I can repair them to get them back to new. I'm guessing "Worn" means the same as "broken"? Still odd that worn masks were able to be placed and used in the docks but if they were dropped not able to be placed back in the docks until repaired.

Thanks,

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, pinecone_kun said:

I'm guessing "Worn" means the same as "broken"? Still odd that worn masks were able to be placed and used in the docks but if they were dropped not able to be placed back in the docks until repaired.

I think the way "durability" work is like that. Masks and suits lose their durability slowly (~10 cycles for masks, ~15 for atmo suits of continuous use) until it reaches 0%. When that happens, dupes can still use them just fine if they already wear them but the moment they get to a check point to put them back to their dock, the mask/suit is marked as "worn" and at that point it needs repair or it cannot be used again. It is dropped to the checkpoint along with any oxygen there was inside it and a new one is requested for the dock. Maybe it needs a database entry or tutorial to explain that..?

Share this comment

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

I think the way "durability" work is like that. Masks and suits lose their durability slowly (~10 cycles for masks, ~15 for atmo suits of continuous use) until it reaches 0%. When that happens, dupes can still use them just fine if they already wear them but the moment they get to a check point to put them back to their dock, the mask/suit is marked as "worn" and at that point it needs repair or it cannot be used again. It is dropped to the checkpoint along with any oxygen there was inside it and a new one is requested for the dock. Maybe it needs a database entry or tutorial to explain that..?

Yeah if that's how it works then it just needs a database entry to explain it. Or they could just link it to the regular "Oxygen Mask" DB entry and explain it in there. As it stands now there is not entry for a worn mask and for the non-worn mask its not a descriptive entry; at least not yet.

Share this comment