Dupes get stuck on oil well if Backpressure Release Threshold is met, AND the Oil Well is Disabled by Automation. (Reposted in correct forum)

KNum_5
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

As stated in the tilte, if an Oil Well is at the Backpressure Threshold, AND the Oil Well has been disabled by automation, a Duplicant will go up to the Oil Well and just stand there frozen, and not release pressure. If the Duplicant is releasing pressure, then the Oil Well gets Disabled by Automation, pressure will stop releasing but the Duplicant will still be stuck there trying to release it.

Side Note: Once the Duplicant reaches down time scehdule, they will leave the Oil Well, but another Duplicant on the clock, will come and take his or her place and become stuck as well.

OxygenNotIncluded_aDkeJ5lhOr.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Very simple reproduction steps. Simply get an Oil Well at it's Backpressure Threshold, Disable the Oil Well via Automation, and then you have it. Duplicants will attempt to release the pressure, but can't because the Well is disabled.

• Like 2

User Feedback

I've been experiencing this bug for so long I didn't even realize it was specific to the DLC. To get around this, I've instead resulted to never using automation to control the oil wells themselves. Instead, I use a liquid shutoff to cut the water supply going into the oil well room. Yes, you will end up having the oil well run a bit longer after the shutoff signal is given, but I've never had that be a problem by just having it shut off a bit earlier. Another side benefit of this is that you lower the risk of your water boiling over in the pipes because it doesn't just hang out in the oil room when its not flowing.

Share this comment

I don't think it's just the DLC, I just moved it to this forum because I am using the DLC currently. Smart idea creating a water shut off instead though. Even this isn't a huge issue for me, I just wanted to bring some light to it.

Share this comment

This also has been reported some time back:

So far i have not yet seen a response from Klei so maybe it is designed this way, you can work around this by using a duplicant motion sensor to activate the well if a dupe is around.

Edited by Upload

Share this comment

This bug isn't limited only to oil wells that are disabled via automation. I've had this error with the building disabled manually as well. 

Share this comment

This also happens when the oil well becomes unpowered. They will still have a work bar and will just stand there doing nothing. 

Share this comment

I guess it's pretty challenging to get a posted noticed, which is understandable. I'll give it this little bump and move on. Otherwise, the game is totally the best, especially with the new dlc stuff. 

Share this comment

I also just had this bug, very annoying.

I was wondering why a different task wasn't performed when I noticed. No Idea how long this dup was trying before though. 

Share this comment

Same here.
And it seems that the bug is not just bound to a red signal.

389725093_Stuckedoilwell.jpg.92e0735e603a0de6265e8cf9762f939b.jpg

The well is linked to the liquid sensor.

It is currently sending a green signal, but the oil well stop release pressure.

Removing the automation, disabling/enabling manually the building : none of these solved the problem. -_-

On the other hand, as soon as I've forced some water into the oil well, the duplicant start releasing pressure.

I've join my save file.

The Loveliest Antfarm.sav

Edited by Gwido

Share this comment