Doing tasks behind airlocks causes dupe's pathfinding to be stunned

lunazone
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

If a duplicant tries to stand in an airlock they'll get pushed out, which causes them to freeze in place while doing their task. This effect causes deliveries to take a long time due to them being stunned between each delivery . This same effect happens when a tile is built on top of a duplicant while they are doing something as well. It effects all kinds of tasks but some have worse effects than others.

fawifuhafiuahfaiuhfaiuwhdawuidha.gif.cab651ac59d74290f41c844d60f3161a.gif

jefiosgjos.gif.b1d97e7687fef08b2d3fd0593a7ffe81.gif

egghseuhn.gif.009915ba475c53cfa78f9fd2a6c2e283.gif

Steps to Reproduce

Build an area only accessible through an airlock with a task behind the airlock.

• Like 1

User Feedback

I've definitely seen dupes get stunned outside of an airlock when they had tasks just inside it. I've never quite been sure what causes it. Even a forced "move" command doesn't fix them; you just have to wait until they recover.

Edited by freshcitrus
added third sentence

Share this comment

On the first planetoid I visited, my base was near the surface, so I decided to put a refrigerator just outside the airlock, in the vacuum of space. This worked well for preserving food, but duplicants would often sit down in the airlock to eat, letting all the air out. So they can sometimes hold an airlock open.

This was a horizontal airlock, if it makes a difference.

Share this comment

I'm having the same problem in my game. It seems to happen a lot in the live build. I noticed the same problem on mechanized airlocks.

Share this comment

On 2/8/2021 at 6:23 PM, Squeegee said:

my theory is that the doors aren't allowing duplicants to stand in them, but they're still trying to

I can say for sure that I've experienced this even when the task is 5-6 blocks beyond the door, though.  And it is the case with manual airlocks as well, though oddly I can't say I've seen it personally with pneumatic doors.

Share this comment