Desalinator change the temperature to 40°C

Immemor
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello,

I didn't use so much the Desalinator since the DLC, and I notice only now a temperature change.

When I bring Brine liquid at -7°C in input, this last is changed into water at 40°C on output.
This behavior of temperature blocked have been removed a long time ago on the Water Sieve.

I propose to not change the temperature on output of Desalinator, as the Water Sieve today.
Otherwise it's easy to delete or increase an huge amount of energy.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Build a Desalinator
  2. Bring cold Brine liquid (-7°C)
  3. Observe temperature of the water on output changed to 40°C

• Like 1

User Feedback

This is not a bug, if you hover on the water in the desalinator it will tell you the water temp will be 40° or hotter. It was a change brought in back when the fixed the electrolyzer outputtin water at 75° meaning you could delete temp if you input water a +75°

Share this comment

If they did not do this, the water would freeze if the brine/salt water was below -3C....so that would be bad

Share this comment

@chemie With the water sieve, when you clean polluted water at 110° , you break the output of the water sieve with steam.
Break pipe, it's a something to learn and to avoid ^^.

@nehio That's maybe changed in the same patch as the electoyzer behavior, but it's not a linear behavior. And the water sieve has become linear during the game development. From my point of view, both do the same jobs (transform into water).

Share this comment

56 minutes ago, Immemor said:

@chemie With the water sieve, when you clean polluted water at 110° , you break the output of the water sieve with steam.
Break pipe, it's a something to learn and to avoid ^^.

@nehio That's maybe changed in the same patch as the electoyzer behavior, but it's not a linear behavior. And the water sieve has become linear during the game development. From my point of view, both do the same jobs (transform into water).

But not really, since filtering water is not really the same as getting salt out of it, the process usually involves evaporation, now 40° water doesnt evaporate at standar atmo pressure, but it does still evaporate nonetheless at any temp, so im guessing you could say the desalinator make a low or vacuum chamber to help the water evaporate and heats it to 40° to help it do so and desalinate. To me that machine makes sense but then again its just a game

Share this comment