Not sure this is specific to the preview branch, it's probably able to be replicated in the current stable version.
Someone on a discord I was on noticed that, while inside a rocket's interior view, if you start a job to change a spacefarer module for another module, you can put the spacefarer module in a broken state. This gets even more weird after you save/reload since you now have orphaned rocket modules sitting in the same place as other rocket modules, and can build over the top of a rocket, or even end up with multiple spacefarer modules on the same rocket.
Deconstructing a rocket module while on its interior view should kick you out to an asteroid view and succeed normally.
1. Create a rocket platform.
2. Make a spacefarer capsule.
3. From the properties of the spacefarer module, switch to the interior view using the 'View Interior' button (so that the properties panel for the spacefarer module stays on screen)
4. Select the gear icon just above the 'View Interior' button, and swap the module out for a different one.
5. Wait for a dupe to complete the operation (only way to tell this occurred is the dupe going idle)
6. Switch back to the exterior view. The spacefarer module still exists, the selected module didn't get constructed in its place, and the spacefarer module cannot be selected in the world.
7. Save/reload the save.
8. The orphaned spacefarer module can be selected, but isn't attached to the rocket platform it's on top of.
9. Additionally, rocket modules can be built over the top of it, allowing some very strange behavior. In one case, someone was able to get two spacefarer modules onto one rocket.
A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now