Cant land Rocket

ATM Reaper
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Sent rocket to orbit, made some data banks now rocket wont return and land. Have tried instructing to land through landing pad and starmap. Have rebuilt landing pad, also built a second one. Have pilot set to max priority rocketry. Have removed all ladders etc near landing pad. Have rebooted system and loaded an earlier save. Have fuel as can move rocket to different tiles but just cannot land back on home planet. Cant try another planet as dont have any others with landing pads.

Steps to Reproduce

Build rocket and send to orbit then try to land back on home planet.

When I launched I recall it did have 2 red listed items on the checklist, something about storages but the rocket launched so I assume that means no problems.

Horsey Cycle 577.png

Horsey Cycle 577.sav

User Feedback

Ok so Ive managed to get the rocket to land by setting destination to the 2nd asteroid while making data banks (on priority 7) and then telling it to land via the land command in the existing landing platform. Defo something not right here as when I tried abandoning ship in orbit of home planet the dupe and the debris went to the 2nd asteroid so it was a home planet issue.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, ATM Reaper said:

Ok so Ive managed to get the rocket to land by setting destination to the 2nd asteroid while making data banks (on priority 7) and then telling it to land via the land command in the existing landing platform. Defo something not right here as when I tried abandoning ship in orbit of home planet the dupe and the debris went to the 2nd asteroid so it was a home planet issue.

I tried loading up your save file and when you mouse over the planet, it says your rocket is on that same tile as well. It seems like the rocket is "orbiting" on the planet tile instead of orbiting on one of the adjacent tiles as it should.

I was able to land the rocket by moving it to one of the adjacent tiles (on the orbit) first, then it would land normally.

Question is, how did it end up being in orbit on the same tile as the planet itself? Bug? Other? No idea.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

I tried loading up your save file and when you mouse over the planet, it says your rocket is on that same tile as well. It seems like the rocket is "orbiting" on the planet tile instead of orbiting on one of the adjacent tiles as it should.

I was able to land the rocket by moving it to one of the adjacent tiles (on the orbit) first, then it would land normally.

Question is, how did it end up being in orbit on the same tile as the planet itself? Bug? Other? No idea.

Well I dont know how but Ive done it again. Tried what you have recommended though and moved the rocket to an adjacent tile but it doesnt work this time. Not sure what is going on but its pretty frustrating as it makes rocketry pretty much useless for me.

Share this comment