Beetas are not attacking duplicants

Sasza22
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Beetas are supposed to attack dupes as they approach their hive. There is even an achievement for harvesting a hive without getting stung. But the achievement is trivial when the beetas ignore dupes. And i`m not talking about beetas that are sleeping in CO2. Those that fly around just ignore the dupes walking next to them.

Steps to Reproduce

Enable harvesting of a beeta hive and make sure there`s no CO2 around and a dupe can reach it.

• Like 1

User Feedback

According to the performance mod, this is due to the game not doing computations like this constantly, but rather on a performance basis. I think that means that the Beeta AI will not run all the time unless your performance is very good, and so higher performance = more dangerous, lower performance = less dangerous.

• Like 1

Share this comment

This is kinda ridiculous. I know my pc is a bit of a potato atm but it wasn`t even 100 cycles into the game. I had 9 dupes and only a single planetoid explored. It was still a long time till i needed to harvest the hives and they already were hit by performance issues.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Doesn't look like a performance issue to me (it does affect behavior, but not the primary cause).

When I tried to 'scoop' a hive, dupes weren't attacked. I destroyed old hive, a 'tiny' turned into a new one and dupes got attacked soon after the hive formed and popped up first critters. Later critters stopped attacking again, I'm unsure if the stopping was caused by me saving and loading or by the fact that I picked refined uranium from under the new hive.

Edited by AndreyKl

Share this comment

A while ago i was testing pokeshell behaviour in a sandbox colony. I think it was still in vanilla. Despite nothing going on they would ignore dupes despite being in agressive(red) mode and dupes standing int heir pen for the whole cycle. But when i saved and loaded they started attacking. Then after ordering dupes to go away and back they stopped again. I thought it was fixed as i saw pokeshells attacking more often in regular games recently but maybe there is something broken with how the critter combat logic works.

Share this comment