Artifact Analysis Station ignoring artifacts

bsenkewicz
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I have collected artifacts during space missions. I have cleaned and processed a few so I can confirm the station WAS working. I retrieved the Sandstone artifact, dropped it from the ship and had it swept to the station. My dupes deliver it and I can see it in the contents of the station. But no dupes will work it to process the artifact. I have even set the priority to !! but the task does not appear in any of the dupes list of tasks.

Attached images show previous items processed at the station, the sandstone artifact item in the station and not available to be displayed on a pedestal.

ONI issue shot 1.jpg

ONI issue shot 2.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

In this case I don't know if there are special steps to recreate. I was doing 'standard' space exploration and collection. I thought it might be a processing burp so I did try reloading from an earlier save and rebooting the game but the problem has persisted. This is the first time I have seen the sandstone artifact so my suspicion is it has something to do with it, but that could always just be coincidence.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

everything is simple. by some strange logic, the artifact analysis station requires the "artist" skill, but the work is considered "researching", not "decorating".
one of your duplicants, who has the right skill, has flown to another planet, and the second one - the work "researching" is prohibited.
just allow Ashkan to "researching" and everything will be fine.

Spoiler

2066262174_2022-05-1608-22-28.thumb.png.08d5c9ba69515aa8e9f74e247aa94773.png

964420163_2022-05-1608-25-22.thumb.png.27ef22aafc33a392aae7fd1fa0a39e98.png

• Like 2

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Changed in the public testing branch. Note that its speed is still tied to a dupe's research speed.

• Artifact Analysis errand now belongs to both Researching and Decorating errand groups. 
  • Botanical Analyzer errand now belongs to both Researching and Farming errand groups.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Sanchozz - thanks for the clarification. This was not where my mind went when trying to figure it out!

Share this comment