[Workshop] Mod on workshop unable to update for anyone

Aki Art
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

This is a different issue from the usual update problems that only affect a few users at a time. It seems not a single person received my update for a mod since it was uploaded in February, out of 25000 current subscribers.

My mod is now completely dead, Steam is not willing to serve any other version that one from last years November. Users are forced to locally install my mod to update for the February QoL, but this means they have no way to receive any future updates anyway.

I uploaded a second attempt in early March, to make sure the error wasn't on my end and I didn't provide the wrong files, but no change occurred, still not a single person could confirm they received an update. Mod Updater, the mod which fixes some of the updating errors with the official game, also does not help.

The mod in question: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2921809973Is
Expected version: 1.4.2.1
Outdated files: 1.4.1.2

I don't want to delete and re-upload the mod if I don't absolutely have to, loosing all subscriptions and defeating the purpose of workshop updating. And I now have to worry if any future update to any of my mod will result in the same end.

Is there anything at all that can be done about this? Peter Han (Fast Track, Mod Updater author) said this may be a problem with the internal ID on the workshop being corrupted, and he had something similar happen when he made an upload error, and only deleting and re-uploading fixed it.

I have contacted Steam Support, they just linked me the ONI Workshop About page for "information"  and told me they can't help me to make mods, further inquiries were ignored.

Any information would be appreciated. This is a mod I worked really hard on and put many hours into, I would really like to save it somehow.

Steps to Reproduce

- Download and install the mod "Backwalls"

- The mod is outdated; the game doesn't crash but the mod functionality is incorrect, and the mod version is v1.4.1, instead of 1.4.2

• Sad Dupe 2

User Feedback

Could you try publishing an update and attach ModUploader.log found here.

%APPDATA%\..\Local\Oxygen Not Included Uploader\ModUploader.log

Share this comment

I pushed an update, the 3rd time, and this time my I received the update when i opened the game.
I will still attach the log just in case, but it seems to have fixed itself (for now), or at least i see the update live.

ModUploader.log

Edited by Aki Art
typo

Share this comment

I'm seeing 1.4.2.1 as well. I'm not sure what happened either but I'm glad it's fixed. If it happens again please attach a new log and I'll take a look.

• Like 3

Share this comment