When an atmo suit expires and a dupe goes back to the dock to unequip it, the atmo dock does not request a new suit.

hammerBG
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

When an atmo suit expires and a dupe goes back to the dock to unequip it, the atmo dock does not request a new suit.

I've looked at the code for SuiteLocker.cs and it looks like there is a bit where they do have it coded to request a new suit:

if (!((UnityEngine.Object) component != (UnityEngine.Object) null) || !component.IsWornOut())
      return;
    this.ConfigRequestSuit();

Steps to Reproduce

- create atmo suit checkpoint

- add atmo dock to it

- delivery suit to dock

- get a dupe to deplete the suit durability

- once the dupe goes to return it it should queue a redelivery order for the atmo dock, it does not

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Doesn't that happen when there are multiple docks and dupes going back and forth and the atmo suit requested is delivered by the next dupe reaching the checkpoint? Because when suits unequip they go to the first available dock so the errand to deliver "extra" suits is deleted. Or "vacancy only" option with two available checkpoints to go back to

Share this comment

I've downloaded the save file, thanks! How often does it happen when a worn suit is created? I increased the frequency of worn suits in a dev build (to speed up testing) and let it run a few cycles but haven't encountered any issues. Also tried running the save without my changes but each time a suit was requested.

image.png

On 9/14/2023 at 10:50 PM, sakura_sk said:

Doesn't that happen when there are multiple docks and dupes going back and forth and the atmo suit requested is delivered by the next dupe reaching the checkpoint? Because when suits unequip they go to the first available dock so the errand to deliver "extra" suits is deleted. Or "vacancy only" option with two available checkpoints to go back to

@sakura_sk When suits are unequipped at the checkpoint they go to the first available dock that's not requesting a suit so it shouldn't be deleting the errand to deliver suits. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "vacancy only" contributing to this problem.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, EricKlei said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "vacancy only" contributing to this problem.

"Vacancy only" checks for an empty dock. Isn't the dock "requesting suit" considered "empty" in this occasion when it's the last available dock to let a dupe through the checkpoint? 

Never mind.. I'm not sure about anything again. I think I've seen it happening at one point: "requesting suit" overwritten by "dropping suit to dock" but it doesn't seem to happen anymore..?

Checking the save, there is one more spot where dupes go ..to chill next to the reactor.

image.thumb.png.a85f8a7e62652ae04a8b32cf3d7538fc.png

Maybe that's why suits ended up "missing" and main docks didn't request any?

Edited by sakura_sk

Share this comment

@EricKlei Sorry for the late reply, this does happen quite often i have not timed it though. If you look at the big atmosuit dock chain that is on the left side is the main culprit. Then on the right side relatively same height is the atmo suit repair building, then after a few cycles when i come back i have like 5-6 repaired suits there, but not delivered.

If i let it run long enough i reach a point where there are only a few suits left in the big chain while the repair building has them all stacked and repaired, but not delivered

6 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

"Vacancy only" checks for an empty dock. Isn't the dock "requesting suit" considered "empty" in this occasion when it's the last available dock to let a dupe through the checkpoint? 

Never mind.. I'm not sure about anything again. I think I've seen it happening at one point: "requesting suit" overwritten by "dropping suit to dock" but it doesn't seem to happen anymore..?

Checking the save, there is one more spot where dupes go ..to chill next to the reactor.

image.thumb.png.a85f8a7e62652ae04a8b32cf3d7538fc.png

Maybe that's why suits ended up "missing" and main docks didn't request any?

yeah its ridiculous to what length they will go to put themselves in danger for no apparent reason ... other than "relaxing near the highly radioactive nuclear reactor".

To your point the docks below look to be working as expected, because when a dupe goes there with a worn out atmo suit it does request a new one. The issue seems to be only with the big chain on the base entrance/exit.

Edited by hammerBG
clarifications

Share this comment

The storage bins near the Supply Teleporter Input on the starting asteroid are not configured to send repaired Atmo Suits back to the teleporter world, which is causing them to pile up near the Exosuit Forge.

I need to run some more tests but I think I encountered the bug you're describing on two docks.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 9/21/2023 at 9:17 PM, EricKlei said:

The storage bins near the Supply Teleporter Input on the starting asteroid are not configured to send repaired Atmo Suits back to the teleporter world, which is causing them to pile up near the Exosuit Forge.

I need to run some more tests but I think I encountered the bug you're describing on two docks.

i never bothered to fully automate that part, yes :)

glad to hear you managed to reproduce it

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

I was able to reproduce it twice, each time it took multiple hours for it to occur. There's no guarantee my fix will handle all edge cases but I was able to run your save for 150 cycles over night without encountering it. It should also fix dupes leaving without equipping an Atmo Suit. It was not related to worn suits.

It will be included in the next public testing build, which should be this afternoon unless we run into an issue and need to delay the build.

• Like 3

Share this comment

I understand its probably a niche error that not everyone would experience. Thank you for going through the pain and fixing it.

• Like 1

Share this comment