Weight plate does not include carried items

yoakenashi
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

As you can see in the screenshots, Ellie is carrying 1840 kg. Her weight is 30 kg (but don't tell anyone, she's sensitive about it). The weight plate should read 1870 kg, but only reads 30 kg. The weight plate does not account for the carried items weight and only looks at the duplicants weight.

This is a minor item; if it's already on the known items list I apologize.

20180829200724_1.jpg.c25518b223c8252020a3c170bddba691.jpg

20180829200729_1.jpg.f9533f4a8622cb87d8d9e9f42c996eaf.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Have a duplicant carrying something pass over a weight plate, and read the weight plate's measured value.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Hi @yoakenashi,

It's currently working as intended, but this isn't a bad suggestion. 

Were you trying to create an automation system based on the weight the dupe is carrying, or is it just something you noticed?

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Brook said:

Were you trying to create an automation system based on the weight the dupe is carrying

Thanks for responding to my post!

Yes. I have been trying to figure out a way to prevent duplicants from carrying items out of an area.

As you can see in the screenshot, the idea was that when the duplicant walks over the pressure plate carrying something (ie, weight plate set to 30.1 kg), then the door to the left of the auto sweeper would lock. The duplicant would then drop the item they were carrying, and the autosweeper would sweep it into the nearby conveyor loader.

The area in this example is filled with composts producing dirt. I have autosweepers built to sweep the dirt to a conveyor to fertilize my sleet wheat farm. But every so often a duplicant comes to take dirt manually, wasting lots of time.

I was also hoping this would work as players need a way to restrict hot resources transportation. Duplicants carrying 300.C regolith or iron into a base can cause lots of trouble. If I could keep hot items in the hot zone, I could ensure they get into a system to cool them down before bringing theminto the base.

Thanks for reading. I love this game :) keep up the great work.

• Like 2

Share this comment