Water Purifier did not appear to remove Germs.

Profit
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I was just noticing after the water had went through my purifier it was still in a very germ laden state.  Not so bad for my electrolyzers but kinda bad when using it for cooking mush bars.   Had some duplicants get real sick REAL fast. 

Steps to Reproduce
Have Germ laden dirty water, pump it into a purifier. Let vent into a pond and it will have germs in it.

User Feedback

That is intended. 25% of germs moved to the filter and 75% to the clean water where it is allowed to die off naturally.

All it does is remove poop after all.

Share this comment

Yea, send the water though like the cooler and also put a liquid warmer that kills the germs real easily, if you don't have the power to do so then you shouldn't be using a water purifier and instead dump it in a area for a while like i do 

Share this comment

1 hour ago, BlazeNightash said:

Yea, send the water though like the cooler and also put a liquid warmer that kills the germs real easily, if you don't have the power to do so then you shouldn't be using a water purifier and instead dump it in a area for a while like i do 

Do you know if cooling or heating pipes kill slime lungs?(what is the best way to kill it)

Share this comment

In my opinion they either need to note it in the purifier description that it *doesn't* kill germs or update it so it will, considering how insanely hot the dang thing gets! Granted it doesn't make the water 100c, but it still scalds people @_@. Wasted HUGE amount of time trying to drain and purify swamp water full of Slimelung because I had to dig through the slime to get to it. No clean water, dead dupes, not pretty. Have yet to encounter any geysers in my current game so they smaller amount of starting water is a real problem.

Share this comment