Water pump not pumping

strawkat
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I've checked all possible reasons for why my water pump is blocked/not working. Unless it's something minute that I've missed, I think it's a bug. All my dupes are grimy and are about to get ill because they can't use the showers.

ONI bug.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
unfortunately unsure. It took a long time for me to even notice that my dupes weren't showering and even longer to realize that the pipe is blocked

User Feedback

The left pump, going to showers and toilets? If its not the "problem" the 4 of them are already full, its because somthing prevents them to release polluted water. For example, the left merging of sewerage from the showers could be the problem. Cut it off, and place a bridge there, preventing polluted water to move towards the showers. Maybe there is an issue on the right, but i cant see something there on your screenshot.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

The pump is blocked because the pipe that is connected straight to the machines is full of water. The moment the devices that they are connected to are used the pump should resume functioning. There is no reason for them to not use the devices, the pump not working is not an issue in this instance.

If you are experiencing interupted function when dupes are using the shower/toilet then you are experiencing the output clogging, this is because there's only 1 tile of pipe in between 2 devices. You can't output to a full pipe, I'd suggest rerouting so there's 3 tiles of pipe between the output or spacing the devices out by 2 tiles.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Apparently it was a scheduling issue? Didn't realize that was a new thing. *facepalm* thanks for your help guys! Problem solved.

Share this comment