Water cooling oil magically

Mjello
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

There is something really wrong when water is dripped on oil. And it is the same for other liquids.

This exploit gameplay bug is making any sort of cooling with aquatuner and thermal regulator *bupkus*

59ddf0c318324_driptest.sav

UPDATE: It seems that the water is interacting with the abyssalite even though abyssalite should be a nearly perfect insulator. So it is actually the abyssalite that turns the steam back into water and not the dripping that is bugged out.

Steps to Reproduce
Open the door and watch what happens. You may need to try a few times before the dramatic effect occurs. The entire column cools 200 degrees turning only a few kilograms of water into steam. the amount of steam varies and seem to depend on how long there is actual water contacting the oil. The oil cools all the time though. Even if water is not in contact with the top the oil.

User Feedback

I also found that dropping oil into magma also seems to decrease the magma temperature too much. I have not performed any calculations but it might be explained by low magma heat capacity/high oil heat capacity or vaporization energies. (Natural gas is formed)

Share this comment

13 hours ago, Risu said:

There is something wrong when water is dripped on anything at all. Nothing new.

Yes, this is an old time bug. But I think they should give it some attention now, that we have good ways of cooling. Because why build an aquatuner if you can just 'magical dripping cooling'. Kind o spoils the game. That is why I would like this exploit to get fixed.

Back when it was the only way to cool a base it seemed okay to me. But not any longer

Edited by Mjello

Share this comment