Vole Pups do not auto-wrangle.

Tonyroid
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

Vole pups in a stable with a critter drop-off set to "auto-wrangle surplus" do not get auto-wrangled.

I think that pretty much explains it, here's a picture of them being not-wrangled, in case that's helpful.

https://imgur.com/3noF0Dd

Steps to Reproduce
1) Create a stable containing vole pups and a critter drop-off. 2) Set the critter drop-off to "auto-wrangle surplus" and set "max critters" to zero. AFAIK this is not an intermittent issue, it happens every time, all the time.

User Feedback

I don't think any "children" animals are autowrangled. 

I use autowrangling to move adult dreckos around. When a child become adult, if there is room, I move them to an appropriate room. If there is not room, they are taken to the dump (for sheering and starvation).

I could be wrong, as critter handling is no the thing I focus tons of time on, but that's what I've seen.  Autowrangle seems to only apply to adults. 

Share this comment

14 hours ago, mathmanican said:

I don't think any "children" animals are autowrangled. 

I use autowrangling to move adult dreckos around. When a child become adult, if there is room, I move them to an appropriate room. If there is not room, they are taken to the dump (for sheering and starvation).

I could be wrong, as critter handling is no the thing I focus tons of time on, but that's what I've seen.  Autowrangle seems to only apply to adults. 

You could be right. I suppose I assumed it because it literally says "auto-wrangle" right on the thing and you can wrangle them manually, so why not automatically? I think it used to work... maybe not.

Share this comment

It should be considered a bug though, since dupes can manually wrangle babies, and there's no logical reason to exclude babies from auto-wrangling.

If the devs like this as the default behavior, they should add a setting to the drop-off, "Auto-wrangle babies", so we can decide which we prefer.

I know this thread is old, but the issue still persists, and it causes performance issues in many scenarios, since it often means that critters have to be 5 cycles old before they can be butchered, causing large numbers of extra critters to always be around eating CPU cycles.

Share this comment