Vacillator recharge causes unusable state

Marsupial Gamer
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

This is a new bug I've only seen since the latest (Nov. 21/22) updates.

Recharging a vacillator often causes it to reset to an unusable state.  It seems to be recharged but the brain is still small, it's unable to be recharged again, and the description indicates that a neural vacillation is currently in progress.  Dupes cannot be assigned.  Closing and reopening the save game fixes it & the vacillator can be assigned again.

This does not appear to happen every time.  I'm not sure why it sometimes works, as the same vacillator will fail or succeed at recharging seemingly at random, although they seem to be failing about 9 times out of 10.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Use a neural vacillator. 2. Recharge the vacillator. 3. Neural vacillator will be in an unusable state. 4. Save and close the game & restart the saved game to fix the issue (workaround).
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I had this happen once as well. Was when the animation for the recharging got interrupted by automatic saving. 

Share this comment

Still the same problem, also in Spaced Out! (But solved in "Stock Bug Fix"-Mod...)

Edited by hickup65

Share this comment