Update 290148 - Rancher wrangles 8 but doesn't move any, goes to do other low priority tasks.

AllPainful
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

In update 289764 (beta- Space Industry) I started a new map and setup 2 ranches, 1 small with Auto-wrangle if above 2, and a larger one with auto wrangle above 6.  And a drop off point elsewhere in the base that could accept the wrangled critters.  For update 289764 & 289971 it worked perfectly, then 290148/290261 live went out.  Now my rancher runs in, wrangles the surplus, then runs off to do build/dig tasks or any other task he can find (not a priority for him) instead of moving them.  Originally all were set to priority 5, but when it stopped working I change the "receiver" ones to 7 and the ranch ones to 6, still just wrangles and leaves a stack at the dropoff (ended up deconstructing floor under wrangled critters to get them out).

EDIT: Dooring in dropoffs should fix. Will try.

Steps to Reproduce
Setup a Ranch with auto-wrangle and a drop off. Watch the Rancher wrangle then leave them trussed and go find other tasks to do.

User Feedback

It looks like most of your Critter Drop-Offs aren't in closed rooms, and effectively all share the same large space. Since there are more than 20 critters in that space, the drop offs won't request more critters to be delivered to them.

Enclosing the various drop off points in separate rooms should resolve the issue you're seeing.

image.png

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Ok. That does make sense. And an easy fix. But this is the first i had this issue.  There have been 20+ in there for a long time and the issue just started today.  In my previous (Rocketry Update) base i could mouse over the general critter dropoff and it would say 40/20 yet my ranchers were still using them i thought, sure seamed like it because my ranches never over populated.  But doesnt matter, easy fix just some doors.  :) will do, thanks.

Worked like a charm, Rancher is Ranching again :)

Edited by AllPainful
Update

Share this comment