Unintended Codex discoveries

Tonywolf77
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Although it's something neat to do to get more lore for OnI, I'm fairly certain that the following is an unintended mechanic in the game. 

Each time I close the game and reopen it, the inspectable buildings throughout the world can be reinspected for lore, despite continued inspection results saying "I already took everything of interest from this" within the same instance of the game.

Steps to Reproduce
Step 1: Inspect discoverable buildings (i.e. Desks, Neural Vacillators, Vending Machines, etc.) Step 2: Save and close the game. Step 3: Reopen and inspect the same buildings again for extra lore.

User Feedback

This isn't a bug, everything you find in the lore will be kept in your codex, even on new playthroughs. This is because there are (currently) more lore logs than POI buildings, and you have to explore through multiple games to find them all.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

This isn't a bug, everything you find in the lore will be kept in your codex, even on new playthroughs. This is because there are (currently) more lore logs than POI buildings, and you have to explore through multiple games to find them all.

That's not what was reported here.

If you already found something when inspecting, you shouldn't be able to find something new if you save, close and reload your save

Share this comment

4 hours ago, krop said:

That's not what was reported here.

If you already found something when inspecting, you shouldn't be able to find something new if you save, close and reload your save

Ah, sorry. Must've misunderstood what was being said. ^^;

Share this comment